Youtube Gods

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by masterm1ne, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Overnight

Overnight

That's the point I was trying to make. :)

#11     Jun 8, 2019
  2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

To start with, don't confuse success with greatness. I was not a great trader and was very risk-averse trading with little capital as a floor-based option market maker. There was a lot of edge and I tried not to do stupid things.

As for rules and tips, I have posted this a number of times. Both retail and professional traders need to find a process that works for them, then do the same thing over and over until it does not work anymore. With that process, they should include proper allocation of capital toward what works and less toward what does not. Control your emotions and your risk. Never gamble or "hope." Learn to take both losses and profits and then move on. There is no such thing as house money. It is all your money. There is no concept of "I did not lose money until I realize the loss", except to the IRS. Unrealized gains and losses are live and yours.

Learn from the past by going over your good and bad trades. Trading is a business-treat it that way.

Good luck

#12     Jun 8, 2019
  3. comagnum

comagnum

Youtube - where else can you learn things like how to get rid of cancer with household products or how to get rich trading from self proclaimed gurus, never mind they can't furnish an audit (broker records + filed tax return) for even a single year.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    #13     Jun 8, 2019
    shatteredx, S2007S, dealmaker and 2 others like this.
  4. qlai

qlai

You got to admire both - first of all he is making that on very small account. Second, he made a business out of it. I must say he has a very professional website and his transparency is unmatched.
    You just don't understand what his edge is. It's not TA by itself.

#14     Jun 8, 2019
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Oh Mr. Gumby, you make me laff.

Exactly!

#15     Jun 8, 2019
    comagnum likes this.
  6. What makes you think any of those claims and videos are legit? I don't know any of those guys but for fun checked out a youtube of Ross Cameron where he claimed he made 22k in 1 hour or so. The entire presentation did not look and sound credible at all. Do you have access to his or their audited performance track records?

#16     Jun 8, 2019
    d08 likes this.
  7. Recaps are nothing more than just some empty claims. If I told you I bought ES at the lows on Thursday and am still holding would you believe me? Would you believe me more if I showed you a YouTube where I flicker around on the ES chart and drew some lines to signal where I claim I entered? What if I actually showed you a trading account where there is an ES position but you were not sure it is a live account or simulated account? What if I actually proved its a real account but you are not sure whether I bought just 1 ES contract and later on artificially up-adjusted the size for display purposes but never actually traded that size (possible with IB's tws)? You would trust me from start to end?

#17     Jun 8, 2019
    SimpleMeLike, d08 and Overnight like this.
  8. qlai

qlai

He has his statements on his website from Lightspeed and Robert confirmed they were legit.

#18     Jun 8, 2019
  9. Link pls?

The only thing of interest I found of this guy is tons of people confirming its a total scam:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjknorqttviAhXSc94KHeJGC7wQzPwBegQIARAB&url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Scams/comments/ann2ye/warrior_trading_run_by_ross_cameron_is_an/&psig=AOvVaw3Hlxugn6bQPk2BS7HEKJTU&ust=1560136319115593

Even if stated profits were real his approach and possible frontrunning speak of a pretty short career ahead of him and freedom outside jail in general.

#19     Jun 8, 2019
  10. qlai

qlai