YouTube channels that actually teach useful information?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Savoy, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Savoy

Savoy

I think that is one of my strong traits actually...in life in general...hope to see it transfer into trading...

Always been fascinated in finding the truth in everything, even if i hurts, and then using it as an edge. Can imagine this being quite handy in trading. Think market wizard, Michael marcus talks about the same thing.

#31     Dec 11, 2015
  2. Cswim63

Cswim63

Yes. I started out trying to make money and ended up knowing myself and the world better. I spent almost 15 years learning from a guy who's life's work was inference as it applied to the markets. I never knew in the beginning that anything like that even existed.

#32     Dec 11, 2015
    Savoy likes this.
  3. Savoy

Savoy

Swim, you've been participating in my threads a lot, and I really respect that. What exactly is it that you do for living...trading FX?.. do you have a business that revolves around your skill? Did you start off floor trading ?

#33     Dec 11, 2015
  4. Cswim63

Cswim63

Right now I'm restoring a 97_Volvo big truck. Blasting and painting now. I tried trading in the morning and doing this but found I was exhausted in the afternoon. Need to focus and get through this cause all the Money is tied up in the truck. But once it's on the road I can make 2k a week and build a stake. Again. Start a private thread and I'll talk about the rest, as its off topic.

#34     Dec 11, 2015

5. Market profile and auction market theory are not that advanced really. Look up James dalton on YouTube as well. Pick up mind over markets by dalton. It quite simply is a good base for your development as a trader.

The one piece of advice I can offer from my experience is find what works for you and stick to that don't try and wear too many hats so to speak.

Good luck

#35     Dec 12, 2015
    Savoy likes this.
  6. VPhantom

VPhantom

Here's one you don't see recommended often, who shows some real chart "artistry" in my book (but also constantly reinforces strict risk management and patience for newbies): Timothy Morge: https://www.youtube.com/user/MarketGeometryVideos/videos - A vast majority of his webinars (2008-2014) hosted at Interactive Brokers are also worth one's time, from which I gained perspective that trade management and psychology (for discretionary traders) might be more important than nailing great entries. I like his "where are the positions now?" attitude as bars develop, almost feels like lessons in poker. It's also entertaining to get the occasional anecdote of when he throws some tens of billions at a (Forex) market to "slap it around" and shake weak hands out. He does sell a membership thing, but barely mentions it in passing, and there's nothing "special" hidden there, it's just a way to offer more of his time.

Adam Grimes was mentioned earlier, although he doesn't have much on YouTube his free content stands on its own. He does sell research, but his education is much more than mere bait. He also does have (free) webinars at I.B. but they seem to mostly cover what one would learn from his book.

One which I enjoyed for the entertainment and reinforcement of patience, simple horizontal vision and risk management for newbies is Jason Stapleton, specifically his live trade videos. Forget the click-bait title (which is the only reason I checked it out, I admit it!) it's actually fun to watch: first, second. He does up-sell memberships, but I personally found value in his handful of live videos like those two, if nothing else as reminders that the #1 tool to master is one's own mind. He likes Fib ratios which I can tolerate, and usually has nothing else on his charts, focusing on re-testing recent levels. Sometimes he throws in a "Gartley pattern" which I don't care for, but that's it, not even moving averages.

#36     Dec 12, 2015
    ChipShotTrader, Savoy and Cswim63 like this.
  7. Cswim63

Cswim63

Just listened to an interview with Ben Lichtenstein of Traders Audio. He calls the SnP pit. I used to use it trading the emini SnP. It's a luxury I wouldn't want to do without. He said they now have a forex product. I'll have to check it out. Thanks again Savoy--this thread has made me dig a little deeper.

#37     Dec 12, 2015
  8. Savoy

Savoy

my pleasure, figured im not the only one thirsty for some material

#38     Dec 12, 2015
  9. K-Rock

K-Rock

#39     Dec 16, 2015
    VPhantom likes this.
  10. VPhantom

VPhantom

FYI he's partnered with Jason Stapleton which I mentioned earlier, on the site called Trade Empowered. From what I understand Stokes is all about patterns while Stapleton is all about Fibs.

#40     Dec 17, 2015
    K-Rock likes this.