YouTube channels that actually teach useful information?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Savoy, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Savoy

Savoy

No I didn't mean to be so vague, I had assumed most people knew I was talking about trading. Thanks, I definitely been reading a lot of books on the topic

#11     Dec 10, 2015
  2. Savoy

Savoy

Yes I've totally noticed this after attempting to annotate several charts on my own....quite imperfect. That's def a book I'll be looking into as I need a primer to TA and Charts. What would you recommend as far as observing charts...should I look at them after day close or as things unfold? Are any of the markets I can observe specifically good ones for this sort of practice? Obviously assuming high liquidity and volatility are going to be where I should look.

#12     Dec 10, 2015
  3. speedo

speedo

You want to see as they unfold but many platforms will allow you do do a rewind of the days action for viewing later and weekends. I have traded a number of markets but have become a one trick pony with the ES (S&P 500 emini futures contract), it's a good one to watch and trades upwards of a million contracts a day and generally has good range. Again, you will migrate to where you are comfortable and you have no idea where that is now.

#13     Dec 10, 2015
    Savoy likes this.
  4. Cswim63

Cswim63

I can give you three I like-- but they do offer their services. One just passed so he might be more of a soft sell. OK, Mark Douglas for trading and market psychology. Linda Raschke. Jea Yu. I have used bits and pieces from all, and met two of them.

#14     Dec 10, 2015
    Savoy likes this.
  5. speedo

speedo

Yes, mark Douglas and Bret Steenbarger for psychology. Raschke is pricey but may still have her 3 day trial for $10 from which you can download a lot of their material (good stuff). lbr.com

#15     Dec 10, 2015
    Savoy likes this.
  6. Cswim63

Cswim63

LBR has a good post on YouTube. It's long. There's a lot there. My reaction to it was she is still doing the same thing after years. It's just more refined and she keeps learning. And sharing. She used to have an end of day service where you could review their trading and access her annotated charts. I found it useful but was too green to really,get it.

#16     Dec 10, 2015
  7. speedo

speedo

8. Cswim63

Cswim63

Some people benefit from watching the tape, but it seems that the more analytical someone is, the more they gravitate towards systems and math. When I first started daytrading I had no idea what I was looking at, so I took LBR's suggestion and just wrote prices down every 10minutes in the SnP. That went on sporadically for three months before I made a trade. My girlfriend used to complain to my neighbor, who was a daytrader, that I was sitting all day doing nothing. Eventually the lightbulb went on

#18     Dec 10, 2015
  9. helgen_1

helgen_1

It is hard to find someone teaching anything of real value, but there are nuggets of gold out there. You may try this one and see what you think. He trades FDAX.

In some of the other videos he gives a brief explanation as to what he is looking for.

H.

#19     Dec 10, 2015
    Savoy likes this.
  10. Sascha Evdakow and his channel is really good.

#20     Dec 10, 2015
    Savoy likes this.