you're paying for this schoolbus drivers $800k house

Discussion in 'Economics' started by empee, Feb 24, 2009.

1. BSAM

BSAM

Our so called leaders speak.

With words they try to jail you.

They subjugate the meek.

But it's the rhetoric of failure.

Police

#31     Feb 24, 2009
  2. If I had my way we'd bring back debtors' prison and make these deadbeats do the menial work we outsource to China.

#32     Feb 24, 2009
  3. i would hope to be fair you would put all of the banking industry in prison as well,since they lend money they don't have

#33     Feb 24, 2009
  4. riggz

riggz

it's easy to find someone to blame, and this lady should definitely go into foreclosure and starting renting, but i dont understand the whole "you're paying" for her house bit. are you talking about the thing that the president just passed? if so, there's no way this lady would qualify for that program.

#34     Feb 24, 2009
  5. I'm sure there are people in the banking industry who should be put in jail but let me ask you:

Which is worse, lying on a loan application or failing to verify?

If two parties (a bank and a consumer) enter into a legally binding contract and the consumer defaults, who is more at fault?

#35     Feb 24, 2009
  6. I think you're stretching the truth just a tad beyond the point of recognizability. But your use of a kernel of truth almost makes it edible.

Gnome, you know as well as I do that unscrupulous bankers took what they saw as a "loophole" and drove a truck through it. Same with some borrowers who should not be bailed out.

#36     Feb 24, 2009
  7. She might qualify for a principal cram-down if she files for bk.

#37     Feb 24, 2009
  8. JB3

JB3

^ We're bailing out the banks, dropping interest rate in the face of exploding inflation, and diluting the dollar so this lady could live in a 800k house that was and is way over her means. People like her (and also the banks/government) all contributed to this very financial crisis, and making all the responsible people pay for their extravagence.

#38     Feb 24, 2009
  9. How about getting another job? I am sure local strip joint is hiring. Both mama and one of the kids could make some $$$. Let's get to work!!!!! :D

#39     Feb 24, 2009
  10. #40     Feb 24, 2009