You're Invited

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by IN2WIN, Jul 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Why? According to you, you've been doing lousy. OTOH, I've been doing just fine.

#21     Jul 24, 2003
  2. IN2WIN

IN2WIN

Not sure what "OTOH" means, but, yes, I was(doing lousy while adjusting to being on view), it took about a week of adjustment to get back within "normal".

#22     Jul 24, 2003
  3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

On The Other Hand.

Nice that you're back to "normal". But the last thing I need after all this time is to pick up somebody else's bad habits.

#23     Jul 24, 2003
  4. I am moving this to Resources Forum.

Good luck.

#24     Jul 24, 2003
  5. IN2WIN

IN2WIN

I promised to let you how the 1st month of the "experiment" went.

It was tough getting used to being on view, and also tough handling my trades while sending the IM's, so I stopped trading $ for about a week after the bad 1st few days. Modified things a bit and got back in stride the last 8 days of the week to close out with a small profit on the month.

Going forward I suspect it will be fine and quite productive once again.

I'll try to remember to let you know at the end of August or before how it's progressing.

Good trading to all.

#25     Jul 31, 2003
  6. just another attempt at using this board to promote one's services. The latter seems to be the rule here, of course under the pretense of helping other traders.

#26     Jul 31, 2003
  7. This is sooo typical.
    'I have a holy grail!.' Firstly, there is a shout with a claim 'little drawdown, very stable, stick into the system'
    After only a couple of weeks, 'Tough, and Modified things a bit'.
    Do you even have an actual backtesting method? If it's a holy grail in long term with little drawdown, why don't you stick to the system?

"2- Discipline must be applied at all times - if the system works you must trust it completely and not allow your "opinion" of the signal to effect your adherence to the system."
    Now you don't trust your system and start modifying it and to allow your opinion to effect your sdhenrenece to the system, correct? You even can't keep your word to show the result.

I have been studying system trading for years, and this kind of post has been repeatedly disappointing me.

#27     Jul 31, 2003
  8. IN2WIN

IN2WIN

I do not profess to have the Holy Grail, only something that works exceptionally well for me.

1. The "modifications" I spoke of related to my ability to transmit the signals in a timely fashion while trading my account. Especially when the price was moving fast. It had nothing to do with modifying the system, only IM communication and "rules" for applying them.

2. Never having performed for an audience, I was surprised to find the effect they could have on my ability to take trades signaled without hesitation. At times some were sending me IM's explaining why my trades could not work out. It took some time to get past caring what others thought and get back to unemotional, opinion free trading. Sorry for being so "human". Try it for yourself and see how it goes, it ain't that easy!

Sorry your studies of system trading have been so disappointing. But I suggest instead of being so critical without having personally even looked at my trading, I suggest you simply look on for a couple days and then make an informed evaluation.

It will cost you nothing but your pride.

Just contact me at ppt4u@juno.com

#28     Aug 1, 2003
  9. If I had a system which was making me lots of $$$$ I would keep it under lock and key for fear of others jumping in and diluting it! On the other hand, if this system had made me so much money that I never had to trade again as long as I lived, then I would probably share it with other people. It would then be interesting to see if the system would still work after telling a lot of people about it.

#29     Aug 1, 2003
  10. nkhoi

nkhoi

is ppt = pintpoint trading? is juno is free email?

#30     Aug 1, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.