You're effing ads are crashing my browser

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by dcvtss, Sep 11, 2008.

1. First of all; problem is seemly minor now, I can push back button to load up pages if I encounter the only weird ads from think or swim and ICE (Upgraded Flash player to version 10.32).

Ok, If I use any IE(6,7,8), your site works perfectly, only when i use FF(2,3), I have to push back button sometime to load up the rest of page, because the page freezes after loaded up the flash ad banner.

#51     Aug 13, 2009
  2. after looking at it in more detail, does seem to relate to particular threads.
    As mentioned, home page never seems to have a problem. But here is a sample of
    some threads that were selected directly from homepage.

[​IMG]

Strategy Trading-- hangs (1st image)
    Journals -- hangs (2nd)

prop firms -- loads
    announcements -- loads
    trading -- loads

Retail trading -- hangs (2nd)
    wall street news -- hangs(2nd)

that is just a sample i just noted.. but not necessarily always the case.
    ----------------------------
    Just checked IE 6.029
    no problems loading anything.
    It does show --Done: errors, or page loaded with some errors on a few bottom left messages (but nothing overtly visible to the eye). Although, I prefer not using IE.:(
    -------------------------------------------
    from firefox:
    "Hang loading sites with JavaScript

Firefox may become very slow to respond because of badly coded JavaScript causing infinite loops on certain websites [8]. This problem can usually be cleared by closing the window or tab for that website. You can also temporarily disable JavaScript to view the problem site, but the website may not work without JavaScript"
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_hangs

#52     Aug 13, 2009
  3. All flash ads, Baron.

I'm using Firefox 3.0.13 fwiw.

#53     Aug 14, 2009
  4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Weird. I'm using Firefox 3.0.11 and all the flash ads are loading perfect.

#54     Aug 14, 2009
  5. This is exactly the same problem I have ... so it isn't my connection after all.

#55     Aug 14, 2009
  6. mxjones

mxjones

No issues with Chrome.

#56     Aug 14, 2009
  7. you using any FF add-ons? Like NoScript?

If you are using IE 6, which is ancient by some accounts (YouTube will no longer support IE 6 soon, then it is time to upgrade all your browsers.

#57     Aug 15, 2009
  8. Adblock Plus,SQLlite Mgr, and
    Flashblock .

Yes, I am woefully obsolete on IE, but I have never had any reason to use it other than to troubleshoot this particular issue.
    Only browser I continue to update is FF; which is most current (and gives me no choice in the update matter anyways).

#58     Aug 15, 2009
  9. I have the same problem and use FireFox.

I tried IE and it still fails to connect sometime. I need to click multiple times for it to work.

#59     Aug 15, 2009