You're effing ads are crashing my browser

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by dcvtss, Sep 11, 2008.

1. mxjones

mxjones

I have never had any rendering issues with ET using Firefox.

#11     Sep 13, 2008
  2. while more than one brower can be installed/used some broker
    sw requires ie to be installed

#12     Sep 13, 2008
  3. Ads don't crash my browser, but like in 50% cases when I load ET forum main page I have a bug in FF3 that it shows only flash ad and nothing else... Fix is to push a "back" button and then normal page loads...

But still this is pretty annoying especially considering I don't experience such a bug anywhere except ET.

#13     Sep 15, 2008
  4. Got the same problem again, this time it froze while "waiting for ads.elitetrader". When it did eventually unfreeze, a new tab page for Thinkorswim opened up.

#14     Sep 15, 2008
  5. mxjones

mxjones

I take back what I said about not having any problems. This morning my browser crashed with "waiting for GFTForex".

I use Firefox, and have not had any problems before now.

#15     Sep 16, 2008
  6. I got it again this morning as well. Crashed all of my open browsers when I closed out of the ET one (which was locked up).

#16     Sep 16, 2008
  7. dcvtss

dcvtss

Locked up on IE6 with a brand new Dell laptop yesterday. Didn't crash though, just froze for a few seconds. Installed FF w/ adblock on it and is doing fine so far. Amazingly I knew what Firefox was before talking to you experts on this board but thanks for your sincere advice anyways.

Maybe a Microsoft browser update at the beginning of the month is causing a conflict? I'll have to look back at what updates were pushed for september. I still think it is something with either the script run by this site or one of its ads, especially since it seems to have been reproduced independently.

Baron - Love the site, I was just having a frustrating day and the browser crash sent me over the edge. I know all too well how complex all this stuff can be and am not trying to bash your site and work.

-D

#17     Sep 16, 2008
  8. Adds are crashing my FF 3 too.

#18     Sep 18, 2008
  9. so, Baron, Joe, any feedback about the above problems ?

#19     Sep 18, 2008
  10. mxjones

mxjones

gftforex crashed my browser again.

Guys - I think there are enough people getting this problem across different browsers for you to look into it...it is getting really annoying.

#20     Sep 18, 2008