You're a Liar

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ElectricSavant, Nov 1, 2018.

1. ....if you claim to make consistent profits (or make a living) in Retail Futures or Forex.

2. Click bait

The thread title led me to believe this was going to be an anti desterio thread.

vanzandt and MarkBrown like this.
  3. rb7

rb7

Seems like you had recent bad trading days...

When vol is high, guys making money are making more, guys losing money are losing more..

4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Not there yet but close , so so to prove you wrong in the next 6 months all being average.

5. Anyone who can hit a 95 mph fastball is a liar

forexpreneur, tommcginnis and speedo like this.
  6. How'd you do that?

I noticed you edited/corrected your grammar in the title. I don't know how to do that???

tommcginnis and Slartibartfast like this.
  7. Yeah, I just screwed up a thread title. Teach us how to edit the title and we will show you how to make consistent money on Futures.

8. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

it's extremely hard to make it in retail - but it can be done - the most important thing ever "for short term trading" - is knowing if you are in a rotational market or a momentum market and being able to switch your style to suit.

understand you are not a floor trader in an exchange, you are on the outside and have to step away from it a bit, don't play another mans game. looks aren't everything and your eyes will deceive you so you have to go to the math and be honest with it... meaning avoiding the millions of ways scammers use to promote what their selling.

you have to keep your risk super low per trade, keep in mind the time of day, be willing to reverse once you get good at entries, focus on one market, spend what you have to for a proper setup: internet connection, fast computer, proper software, backup systems etc.

it also helps if you don't need the money and you have owned and operated with success your own independent business where your decisions "make or break" you. then it's easier for you to work at it like a business. people that try and trade who have never had their decisions result in making a living for your family or not have a hard road ahead of them. also anyone who is in a privileged profession like doctors, lawyers, engineers, fresh meat like college graduates that thinks they won't get chopped up because they are smarter than everyone else before them will have to detox their mind because their path has to back track and find humbleness.

m

birdman, legionx, yc47ib and 11 others like this.
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

He doesn’t lie, does he?

10. d08

d08

What an inaptronym (Electric Savant finding it difficult to trade).

#10     Nov 1, 2018
    IAlwaysWin likes this.