Your War Policy Please...Draw You Plans

Discussion in 'Politics' started by canyonman00, Oct 14, 2002.

1. vvv

vvv

why, what on earth would give you that idea? earlier i wrote:

jumping in bed with monsters, playing their games, supplying them with biological weapons and calmly watching them be deployed, and then having the hypocrisy, after they've fallen out of favor, to claim that they all of a sudden need to be destroyed has got to be one of the most audacious instances of double standards the us has ever had the recklessness to try and sell to it's citizens and the world, and also one of the main causes for the us having the problems it has.

the us is internationally isolated on this position, many senior us diplomats beg to differ with george W, as do many military staff.

the economy is in very bad shape, very many us citizens don't even have health or pension insurance, and while absolutely no reason for this war has been forthcoming that would alleviate our international isolation, we are proposing a war that would cost us up to 9 bil. usd per month of engagement, and that would severely backfire against what should be our main objective, fighting international terrorism and it's causes, not some tin pot dictator who doesn't pose a threat to anyone at this stage.

really, claiming, or rather pretending, you still don't understand my position represents an unrivalled exhibition of thickheadedness and comprehension difficulties warranting professional help.

The threat from Iraq is exaggerated. Other despotic countries have or are seeking weapons of mass destruction (Syria, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Pakistan, and Saudi Arabia), have invaded their neighbors (Syria, Libya, and North Korea), and even used chemical weapons (Libya in Chad during the 1980s). Moreover, Iraq's military has been devastated by the Gulf War and a decade of sanctions. Americans should ask why the United States -- half a world away -- is more concerned about the Iraqi threat than are Iraq's neighbors.
    http://www.cato.org/dailys/08-19-02.html

The suspicion will not die that the Bush administration turned to Iraq for relief from a sharp decline in its domestic political prospects. The news had been dominated for months by corporate scandals and the fall of the stock market, and the November elections were shaping up as a referendum on the Republican's handling of domestic social and economic issues. Bush is reversing a half-century of strategic doctrine on the grounds that the new enemies America faces are not like the risk-averse Soviet Union.

But at the time George Kennan and others formulated the theory of deterrence, the Soviet ruler had long been Joseph Stalin, not known for being risk-averse. There is no evidence that any of the countries in Bush's axis of evil -- Iraq, Iran and North Korea -- are not deterrable according to the same logic that worked with the Soviets.

In making war against Iraq, Bush is risking not just American lives but America's good name. His high-handed attitude toward our allies has already earned the United States unnecessary ill will.

Unlike the Gulf War, however, the United States is going into this conflict with little international legitimacy or support.

http://www.prospect.org/print/V13/19/editors.html

Said one former American ambassador to the Middle East: "Saddam does not pose a real threat to the U.S. Even if he did posses weapons of mass destruction, he does not have the delivery capability to target American cities."
    http://www.emedicine.com/cgi-bin/fo...19-09434300-BC-IRAQ-PANDORA-ANALYSIS-TEXT.TXT

cheers

#101     Nov 20, 2002
  2. The Un backed us last time i checked...little support?
    oh well, at least we cleared up the whole canyon thing :)

we agree to disagree.

chow

#102     Nov 20, 2002
  3. vvv

vvv

no, i still think you're canyon.

as far as the un goes, i wrote that before a resolution was agreed upon, when bush was still clamoring for a preemptive war to achieve a factually unwarranted and under international law obviously illegal regime change, with or without un support.

and as for dubyas initial plan, un support was not forthcoming.

cheers anyway:D

#103     Nov 20, 2002
  4. And you still have no clue. I just came back here to see if there was some activity and low and behold you have still determined that I am someone else. All based upon a smiley face? I just read some of your silliness. And now you have enlisted someone at work? Two stalwarts of detective prowess gone astray. Simply because someone sort of agrees with me you have a basis for facts here? Please put some money on this theory of yours.

I am sure that this would probably be beyond your capabilities but let's see what we can do here. Did you say you spoke with Baron and he confirmed for you that I am someone else? He has the capacity to look at addresses so I know he didn't confirm that for you. Please confirm that lie for me so that I can call him on this BS too. Feel free to send me a PM so that we can find a way to clear this up. I would love to see if you have the balls for a formal apology in writing. :)

#104     Nov 20, 2002
  5. vvv

vvv

hi tm/canyon, back at your lies again?

i never said that i spoke to baron.

as for my deducing that you and tm are one and the same, no, not just based on the same smiley that you put in the same place under both your handles most of the time, also the exact same non-arguments and writing style, sort of incoherent and muddled.

as in, someone here says, there is no real reason to attack saddam and dubyas arguments for a war are based on blatant lies.

next, you in both your handles, will inevitably reply, good, so that's all clear then, so how shall we go about attacking saddam?!?:D :D :D

#105     Nov 21, 2002
  6. What a joke! Someone seemed to agree with my base premise and you can't handle it. After reading some of your dribble, I am not too surprised that your mind could not conceive another possibility. No matter how the other party tried, you could not bring yourself to any other conclusion. I was correct when I stopped responding to you back when. You would not have made a good participant in my discussions. TM, PM!

Moderator, banish this thread at your disgression please. This worked for the most part as I received several PM's and I have a great discussion group that I have been dialoging with. That was one of my main goals here. It has basically been achieved and I am very satisfied. Thanks again! :)

#106     Nov 21, 2002
  7. I've been away the last couple days but It's time i came clean..I am a CanyonClone....It's all part of Canyon's grand plan to create and army of little canyonites to take over the world!:D

#107     Nov 25, 2002