Your Vaccine Passport

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gwb-trading, May 3, 2021.

1. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

You know that company Clear which does all the TSA fast-lane screening when you go to the airport -- the screening for COVID vaccinations will merely be integrated into this. Airlines will need to do nothing more than ask you for your Clear voucher with the QR code that you got from the Kiosk validating your status before your international flight. The airline will scan the QR code on your Clear voucher (in a Clear Vaccine Passport reader) when they look at your passport before you board the plane. There will also be an electronic version offered by Clear on your Smart phone with the QR code so you don't need the paper voucher from an airport kiosk.

And yes... they have this all prepared, tested, and ready for deployment & use.

#11     May 4, 2021
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Really? Can you show the source that says they have all this prepared, tested and ready for deployment and use?

#12     May 4, 2021
  3. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Go read the first article in this thread about Clear. It is already being setup and used at entertainment venues and shortly will be in airports. If you don't believe this article then go read the press releases on line plus all the other available articles.

One quote from the article... they currently are using the app to prove you tested negative PCR test prior travel. The app is now being used for vaccination status as well.

So far, Clear is among coronavirus health app frontrunners, with partners including United Airlines (UAL.O) for its Los Angeles-to-Honolulu flights and the Venetian resort in Las Vegas for conventions it hosts.

With fans anxious to get back to live sports, the Giants said its promotion generated about 6,000 Clear downloads in April. Nationwide, over 70,000 Health Passes are used for venue admission weekly, Clear said, though the app is only starting to verify vaccination status.

#13     May 4, 2021
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I read the article originally when you posted it, and I just read it again. It doesn't indicate any "ready to go" in terms of international travel checks.

#14     May 4, 2021
  5. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

You can go to their website and enroll for your "Health Pass".
    https://www.clearme.com/healthpass

The CLEAR kiosks at most U.S. international airports are already installed. The vaccination certificates are being added. Currently you can upload your information and they go verify it with vaccine medical providers.

Soon as TSA and other federal government departments give the nod to Clear -- they are ready to go. with requiring vaccination status for international flights.

A Guide to Vaccine Passport Apps for American Travelers
    From granting access to venues or flights, here are popular health passport apps used around the country.
    https://www.travelandleisure.com/travel-news/covid-vaccine-passport-apps

Clear Health Pass
    Clear, known for using biometrics to help people breeze through airport security, has developed a health pass app that will store lab results, health surveys, and, eventually, vaccine certificates.

The app has access to more than 30,000 labs, which are used to pull up a user's records. Users then take an in-app selfie to verify their identity. Health Pass is currently being used at several venues, including in restaurants owned by Danny Meyer.

The health pass is free, but users — 18 and older — must enroll in Clear to access it.

Clear said it never sells or rents user's data or personal information.

#15     May 4, 2021
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I didn't ask about Clear.

Once again, I asked where the proof was that this is ready to go for international travel.

You've shown me that kiosks are in "most" US international airports. But that doesn't have anything to do with the requirement Europe is asking for, or integrating with airlines. It appears to be an integration with customs in the US.

#16     May 4, 2021
  7. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Clear is the provider of "Clear Health Pass" These Clear kiosks for Clear Health Pass are installed in nearly every U.S. airport with international flights. Clear currently uses these Kiosks to validate COVID tests before flights -- vaccine validation ("passports") can be added upon demand.

Clear does not have to integrate with airlines beyond the existing integrations they currently do to validate you have a flight on the particular day you are flying. Airlines will have readers (they already do) to validate the QR code for your Health Pass status on your smart phone or the Kiosk paper print-out.

Europe is not requiring vaccine passports be integrated with airline systems for vaccinated U.S. travelers who can start going to Europe on June 1st. Entryways into Europe will be very happy to accept Clear Health Pass.

If you don't want to believe Clear's own website which has a sign-up portal plus the many media articles about Clear being used for COVID test validation and vaccine passport validation for travel and venue entry --- then I don't really know what I can say to you.

#17     May 4, 2021
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Its not that I don't want to believe it, its that you haven't shown anything to indicate it is ready to be deployed (International Vaccine Passport Checks) apart from conjecture and fanboi "go Clear" commentary.

#18     May 4, 2021
  9. Cuddles

Cuddles

I'll carry the CDC card and that's it. I've seen the libertarian paradise and how Equifax treats confidential citizen data.

#19     May 4, 2021
  10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

What else do you think will make it onto the card in addition to shoe size and length of armpit hair?

#20     May 4, 2021