Your Trading Mindset

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Andrea Wylan, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Handle123

Handle123

I been asked for 42 years, what did the market do, how the heck do I know? Just cause I have 3 screens, constantly at one point heard chirping, beeps, order filled in background, take 200-300 trades in hey day, have no understanding of what the market did, which market?

Many many people have lost huge sums for so called bull market, maybe same ones who believe in terms of over bought/over sold, Enron at zero is over sold, who bought Bitcoin at $5 and knees shaking when it reached $100, was that over bought? I do use terms that are actually signals like "Rocketship" or "Retail gets Screwed Again", very defined patterns, heavily backtested, but not overbought/oversold.

This will save you much grief of discovering all your inner demons of losing huge sums, learn charting and learn how to program, chances are you never be able to program successfully until you have manually traded successfully for a few years, I never met retail trader who never manually traded first and programmed and been successful. Maybe there are? Nothing beats a well backtested system that shows makeable consistent profits, it beats psychology every time in my book, but I do go for hypnosis 1-12 times a year for various problems like OCD, allowing to shake hands with people-am high functioning autistic-which into it self brings many unusual problems most people don't see as a problem.

In my heart, I believe it be easier to become a physician than to learn how to become a trader, it is this difficult to get into the 3.5% top who are breakeven to sky is no limit. I use to encourage people to get into what I do, but stopped ten years ago, I can't even explain any more of what I do as it has become so complex and yet it has become so boring, so mundane and yes thrown in rocket science physics.

We predict/gamble on every trade we take, form of gaming, I use to play Blackjack and count cards long ago, did well enough, I predicted/gambled, the difference is well backtested system, manually traded then programmed. At some point, manual trading becomes so boring as it all becomes same old thing. Becoming a mentor helps for awhile, but OMG, this not something you can teach in a few months like a couple years.

You have to give up much life with people to overcome the challenges to become a trader, it far easier to trade long term stocks, like it is a bull market so I been told....

#11     Feb 12, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. %%
    Funny, but true.The old timer said ''its a bull market you know'' ;sounds like you know that ??LOL. And I don't post that just any old time; 1st quarter + 4th quarter tend to be strong/stocks ETFs. NOT a prediction; its a trend comment...........................................................

#12     Feb 13, 2020
    themickey likes this.
  3. never2old

never2old

my "mindset" is 'simple simon', the less confusion the better, zero technical analysis, no charts, I don't follow or listen to chatter or to the analysts, or the flavor picks of the moment.

simple grade 5 maths is all it takes IMO.

Andea, what is that makes you an expert (are you?) that "helps traders turn around their trading"?

https://awylan.com/why-work-with-andrea/

is it your 'Psychology' & 'Coaching' qualification/designation that makes you an expert, or is it that you have formal professional securities experience, or that any success that you have in securities trading is purely based on your own experience?

are you offering specific trading advice?

'somewhere out there' do you have your personal "plan" posted & if so, is it concrete or fluid & what if any is that success rate in terms of wins & ROCE on a year over year basis?

what do you personally trade, how do you trade - are you a day trader or other .... appreciate if you could briefly respond to some of the points about?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    #13     Oct 5, 2020
  4. Andrea Wylan

Andrea Wylan Sponsor

Dear Never2old,

Thanks for writing.

I understand. If your method works for you, good.

Andrea, what is that makes you an expert (are you?) that "helps traders turn around their trading"?

I am not an expert. I’m not sure anyone is. The nature of trading, as far as I can tell, is that one can learn forever, and never become an expert. I don’t know of any outside entity that “rates” people as to how “expert” they are.

is it your 'Psychology' & 'Coaching' qualification/designation that makes you an expert, or is it that you have formal professional securities experience, or that any success that you have in securities trading is purely based on your own experience?

I do have coaching education and experience, as well as trading education and experience, but I do not offer specific trading advice. Instead, I offer traders a look at themselves. I can see things they cannot, simply because I am not them. Many traders I have coached were losing money, and during our coaching, they started making money.

are you offering specific trading advice? No.

'somewhere out there' do you have your personal "plan" posted & if so, is it concrete or fluid & what if any is that success rate in terms of wins & ROCE on a year over year basis?

I have not posted my trading plan. I think that would be pointless. Trading plans are personal creations, and each person’s plan is likely to be different from anyone else’s.

what do you personally trade, how do you trade - are you a day trader or other .... appreciate if you could briefly respond to some of the points about?

I mostly day-trade the e-mini Dow, the 3x EFTs, and silver. I trade price action. (I studied at OTA.) And in case you were wondering, no, I will not post my P&L, though I am happy to disclose that I am not one of the 95% of traders who lose money.

#14     Oct 6, 2020
    qlai likes this.
  5. Justrade

Justrade

6. never2old

never2old

@Andrea Wylan thanks for responding above to each point of my previous post directed to you.

in the theme of the OP, I still have a few questions for you which I trust are not too personal that you won't mind responding to.

could you explain to the thead your own mindset?

as for you personally, where does an experienced coach/investor such as you go to get coaching or advice to be a better trader?

could you tell us how you know or where you found the information "that 95% of traders lose money"?

#16     Oct 6, 2020