Your top five daytrading books

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Daal, May 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Probably you don't really know the true values of trading books for both the writers and the readers.

They don't have to actually trade any trades. :confused: :D

#51     May 5, 2005
  2. T-DOGG. I was totally lucky to read Elder #1 first, but of all the others I bought only Farley, Douglas #1/#2 and Graifer were worth the money and the effort to understand them. If you think about the precious few (I'm guessing) things you learnt the hard way which are market-inviolate, why would you give those away for a pittance? Consequently books enslave novice traders with the notion that The Street is an eleemosynary society eager to hand you money for mastering some essentially numerical, if not superstitious, method. Most trading books are New Age, romance, and self-help all rolled into one. Mike.

#52     May 5, 2005
  3. Odd. How many of them really trade and make money? IMO the short list is Deel, Farley, Graifer, Pesavento, Elder, Toppel. If I were fool enough to write a trading book it would be five pages long and I would charge $10K for it. Printed on sheepskin and bound in gold-tooled calf leather. It would have five tricks in it. Mike.

#53     May 5, 2005
  4. Seriously, are you going to publish Jack's book(s), based on your collection of his notes? What's the price range? :confused: :D

#54     May 5, 2005
  5. Well, if you read what I wrote earlier, you will see that I largely agree with you. Personally, I think that someone starting out can get the "generics" or basics from a few well-chosen books. An initial sense of direction. Preferably, there will be some disparity between and among the books in order to get the reader to start doing his own thinking. And that is when the adventure begins.

#55     May 5, 2005
  6. T-DOGG. Indeed. Then they come here for their post-graduate work! After all, there ARE over 35,000 accomplished traders here!

#56     May 5, 2005
  7. Odd. No, but I would be pleased to be Jack's editor, since he can't write worth a shit.

#57     May 5, 2005
  8. Sometimes, a topic would be very interesting by itself.

Why top five, why not top three or top ten? :confused:

#58     May 5, 2005
  9. Perhaps you know there is a potential problem.

Reading any five books in general would spend you say a whole month.

Reading one Jack's book might spend your whole life time. :D

#59     May 5, 2005
  10. That might be the real pot of gold for Mike! :) :cool:

PS: nononsense might finally also learn some of Jack's tricks.

Trend Finding is Edge Finding and Edge Finding is Trend Finding
    nononsense's axiom

#60     May 5, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.