Your top five daytrading books

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Daal, May 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maybe it is very rare to find, and is also expensive for the common trader.

#21     May 3, 2005
  2. No great problem there ... it's not written for the common trader. That's perhaps one of the things that makes it worth recommending in a context like this. :)

#22     May 3, 2005
  3. Never read it.

#23     May 3, 2005
  4. mhashe

mhashe

Helps to fight the inner demons I suppose. I might start giving it a try, have'nt been focusing well lately.

These are my top 5 books, a few are not directly related to trading, but the lessons and strategies within are applicable:

The Art of War : Sun Tzu

The Book of Five Rings: Miyamoto Musashi

Market Wizards , I & II: Jack Schwager

Trader Vic: Victor Sperandeo

The power of concentration: Theron Dumont

#24     May 4, 2005

5. This book is so badly written it is difficult to believe. I returned it (luckily - got a credit because it was within 24 hours) but I am guessing that it wasn't published by Wiley - their editors probably wouldn't pass it. The author has a sort of 'bullet/sentence' style of writing - it is 300 pages of sentences in a weird sort of point form. Glad you got something out of it John, but I found it impossible to get past the writing style.

#25     May 4, 2005
  6. Well, I will admit that in early reads I often had a "What the fuck does he mean?" experience, but on rereading it I always "got it". He packed a lot of trading insight in there. I also like him because he's a prick, haha! Take that, Alan! Now NOBODY will read you because I recommended you! You get out of him according to the effort you put into trying to understand him. Compare him to Jack, if you think Alan is obtuse. Jack has written several times the bullshit here than is in Alan's book.

#26     May 4, 2005
  7. BTW, my number three book would be Threei's. Easy to comprehend, with setups you see all the time. And a very wise and insightful approach to the psychology of trading. And unlike Alan, he's not a prick! Hahahaha!

#27     May 4, 2005
  8. nkhoi

nkhoi

speaking of Threei, a book by Bo Yoder Mastering Futures Trading : An Advanced Course for Sophisticated Strategies that Work.

Gann recommend read it 3, 4 times at least.

#28     May 4, 2005
  9. All I remember from my youthful bible studies is:

"Jesus saves, but Moses invests!"

#29     May 4, 2005
  10. I have not read any of Joe Ross' books. However, I have read his posts here on ET and found them to be insightful and thought provoking. Therefore, I checked Amazon and found that his books sell in the $150 range. His books may or may not be worthwhile. Since I have not read them, it is not for me to say. However, in my uninformed opinion, spending $150 on a trading book must feel a lot like being mugged right after cashing a paycheck. Alternatively, I wonder if other people's opinions of his books would be even more positive if they sold for, say, $300.

Just one common trader's opinion.

#30     May 4, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.