Your Top 3 Cheapest Equities

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Daal, Oct 7, 2008.

1. AAPL - under $90 it is trading for effectively 2x cash - not 2x book, but 2x cash - as there is a huge amount of deferred rev just waiting to fall onto the books.

To put AAPL's cash horde in perspective, they could have done the the Buffet/Goldman deal four times over and still had a multi-billion pile left over.

If cash truly is king over the next couple of years, AAPL is GLDN.

#11     Oct 7, 2008
  2. how far out is the deferred rev?

edit...man i was just thinking we actually have a useful and interesting thread on ET and it's only 2 pages. go figure....

#12     Oct 7, 2008
  3. iPhone revs are spread evenly over 8 quarters (2 years). So nearly half the revenue from the *first* iPhone release has yet to find its way onto the books.

#13     Oct 7, 2008
  4. That stock is bad news.

#14     Oct 8, 2008
  5. Adobian

Adobian

Anybody here likes FNM and FRE ?

#15     Oct 8, 2008
  6. do you think their earnings will decline by 75% this year? that is what the market is pricing in.

#16     Oct 8, 2008
  7. considering their spot exposure to BDI pricing and the shadowy activities of the ceo (gorgeous george economou), I think that stock's glory days are WAY behind it. It's literally been run aground.

[​IMG]

#17     Oct 8, 2008
  8. i am short DRYS:

Thx for your money.

#18     Oct 8, 2008
  9. GG1972

GG1972

Y is everyone in a hurry to go long--bottoms are generally 3-6 months in making - you wont miss anything

my 3 top equities WHEN things look rosier
    1)ECA
    2)DE
    3)BNI

ECA is a rock solid company and will be split into 2 sometime soon. Hope to own both for 3-5 years

DE getting cheaper by the day--good fundamentals

BNI still the way to transport goods in this country.

#19     Oct 8, 2008
  10. m22au

m22au

GLD
    SLV
    USO

#20     Oct 8, 2008