your thoughts on samsung 22" monitor?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gaj, Dec 3, 2007.

1. 1680x1050

i.e. the maximum res of the monitor.

#31     Dec 12, 2007
  2. Samsung is generally crap quality all over their product range.

#32     Dec 12, 2007
  3. gnome

gnome

I believe that is not a natural resolution choice for that video card. Did you use the driver to set a "custom resolution"?

#33     Dec 12, 2007
  4. gnome

gnome

/

#34     Dec 12, 2007
  5. No idea what you're talking about gnome...

Simply a case of whacking it to the maximum supported res in the display properties window.

For the 226bw, the maximum res is 1680x1050.

Makes no odds to the graphics card, nothing unnatural about it. :)

#35     Dec 12, 2007
  6. I, too, have been involved in many a debate over beers with traders about hardware / monitor speed. I can't agree more with this post. Monitor ms speed has NO IMPACT on trading. The human eye can't discern the speeds that traders seem to think will make a real difference!

YOU ARE BETTER OFF TO GET A FASTER CONNECTION to your provider than debate monitor refresh times.

#36     Jan 4, 2008
  7. Just in case anyone doesn't yet have it, here's the Russian site where you can look up the type of panel used in your monitor. There are some gaps but many monitors are listed there.

S-IPS all the way for me, I can't deal with the backlight bleed, viewing angle issues, color quality issues and worst of all, the dithering of TN panels. Leave them for the gamers. My 2005 fpw's are looking good.

http://axofiber.no-ip.org/inside/monitor.lcd.panels.en.htm

#37     Jan 4, 2008
  8. Boomer

Boomer

could someone explain the difference when you have charts up on a normal monitor vs a widescreen monitor?

i am in the market, and dont want to sink a chunk of change on the wrong monitors!

#38     Jan 15, 2008
  9. gnome

gnome

"Not being unnatural" applies to cards which have that resolution choice built into the driver and firmware. Not all do, but you might be able to make a custom setting under certain circumstances.

#39     Jan 15, 2008