your thoughts on samsung 22" monitor?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gaj, Dec 3, 2007.

1. gnome

gnome

You won't find Planar at any big box retailer, and they don't advertise like other brands. Among the best quality, nonetheless.

You might want to do an ET search for Planar and view opinions. Here's a link to Newegg user opinions about the PL2010M...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824016039

#21     Dec 4, 2007
  2. gaj

gaj

no - i'm not looking to buy EITHER model there, or even see them. i just meant, actually, having (2) monitors there, side by side...the closest i can do to duplicate it is spread mine out. i just want to sit in front of the actual monitors for a little bit, see if my eyes are comfortable moving that much, etc.

i actually do most of my lower end computer buying at best buy because of their excellent return policy and fixing parts (my techie repair days are long since gone), but wouldn't go there for a premium part like monitor, higher end router, etc.

#22     Dec 4, 2007
  3. gnome

gnome

With only 2 monitors? Lots of us have 4 or more. (Caution... more than 4 monitors carries a significant whiplash risk.)

#23     Dec 4, 2007
  4. gaj

gaj

that gave me a good laugh...thanks...

no, i'm not a major player. just have my small niche area i trade in, a few setups, and all that. so 4 would be overkill...

#24     Dec 4, 2007
  5. Surdo

Surdo

Do I need replace my old graphic's card?
    I currently have an old DELL with a 64MB NVDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 that I am not using.

If I plug in a pair of 22" Samsung Widescreen's, am I looking for trouble? What is the minimum requirement these days for a new card?

el surdo

#25     Dec 10, 2007
  6. gnome

gnome

You have enough video horsepower for trading, but that card may have come out before the new "widescreen" monitors... the card may not support those resolutions.

With some Nvidia drivers, you can set a "custom resolution", so you might want to check into that..

#26     Dec 10, 2007
  7. Bit of an old thread now but I'll add my bit for any future readers who may find it useful;

I'm running Samsung 226BW's on a NVS 440 graphics card and couldn't be happier.

Great screens, no eye strain, lovely.

Do it.

#27     Dec 12, 2007
  8. If you have the $$, go for the monitors with IPS panels.

I have 2 IPS panels and 1 TN panel.

Difference in viewing angle visibility and color clarity is pretty big when you look at each side-by-side.

However, if you just look at TN monitors, you probably won't be able to tell its inferior quality at all.

In fact, I think they are fine for most people.

#28     Dec 12, 2007
  9. gnome

gnome

What resolution, please.

#29     Dec 12, 2007
  10. gnome

gnome

/

#30     Dec 12, 2007