Your thoughts on earnings this quarter?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by wartrace, Jul 8, 2009.

1. wartrace

wartrace

I am curious what your thoughts are on the earnings reports coming up & the outlook/guidance on future earnings.

I am expecting some bad news but most has been priced in already- the guidance on future earnings concern me though:confused:

2. To paraphrase and slightly alter Adrian Cronauer (Robin Williams) in Good Morning Vietnam, I tie my earnings forecast to his weather forecast:

The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.

3. Im just wondering if they can spin the bad news or not. The economy is shit, we are going to run out of accounting tricks at some point.

4. wartrace

wartrace

There is only so much that "Things are going to crap at a slower pace" can do for the markets.

5. Overall I think we will see a neutral to positive data on earnings this quarter. Alcoa was a good indication. Nothing to jump for joy over but I think most Analysts are low balling to save there own asses.

6. the books are being cooked as we speak.

7. EXACTLY!!!!!!!