Your thoughts Mr. Maverick

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Don Bright, Oct 4, 2010.

1. CQNC

CQNC

Considering a retail account is subject to the $25K day trading restriction, and commissions are considerably higher, and margin considerably lower, I find it funny they need to make the distinction. No "trader" is capable of making the same kind of profits on a retail account, or run HFT, or any of the flags flown lately against props that a prop account is going to on 10x, 20x, 100x, 200x margin.

I'm still trying to figure out IB's margin formula on portfolio margining, and TDA.TOS has a new formula posted on their site that's a bit confusing. How are we supposed to know what our exposure is from minute to minute using these formulas compared to simple 4:1, 6:1?

No wonder so many rookies are confused by all this.

BTW, is the Vegas trader expo worth the trip, other than the hookers?

#11     Oct 4, 2010
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Don....Chi-town?

#12     Oct 4, 2010
  3. No for both

Anyone looking to join a CBOE firm must also prepare a letter/explanation briefly explaining their style of trading.

#13     Oct 4, 2010
  4. CQNC

CQNC

Do I need an explanation letter for the hookers too?

#14     Oct 5, 2010
  5. No, that's used in court afterwards:p

#15     Oct 5, 2010
  6. Depends on your worth as a poker player.

The Local trader/players look forward to hooking up with Expo attendees
    and cleaning 'em out at the table$ better than the vendors do at the Expo.

This year, count on hungrier Locals to have more tricks up their sleeves than ever.

#16     Oct 5, 2010
  7. Looking more like Nov now....I got invited to a "high roller" trip to SoCal....with my brother .gives me a chance to have some fun with Bob....that's the weekend I had made plans for Chicago....I will let you know... I have several people I need to meet with personally.

Don

#17     Oct 5, 2010
  8. CQNC

CQNC

Poker, huh. Hmm. That makes the trip even more enticing. I'll bring a big bag of CDN$ and an extra empty suitcase for the trip home. Should take me all of an hour to wipe their asses with my Elisabeths if the forex and bond markets are any indicator of their ability as "traders".

#18     Oct 5, 2010
  9. CQNC

CQNC

Those who can, do. Those who can't, steal.

#19     Oct 5, 2010
  10. JamesL

JamesL

from the bulletin:

All persons associated with the broker-dealer must be appropriately registered with each SRO of which they are a member or TPH in accordance with the rule of each SRO of which they are a member.

Does "appropriately registered with each SRO" mean that members will soon have to be 7'ed, etc? I know there was discussion about this earlier this year, but does this notice push it closer to reality?

#20     Oct 5, 2010