Your thought process going into a trade

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by shotstakovich, Oct 18, 2016.

1. With my strategy, once I am in in profit, I will move my stoploss to break even, meaning my trade will have zero risk. Once the trade continues to gain, I will continue to move my stoploss into the profits, meaning my risk will become my profit, does that make sense? email me if you have any questions, protrader880@gmail.com

#61     Oct 22, 2016
  2. I look for outliers in entry:

Highest High
    Lowest Low
    Trendline Break
    Moving Average Crossover
    Trades Per Second Spike with greatest Price Variance
    News Event

All the above increase the probability of entry to stop distance. When you combine all the above, its hard to loose money. But how often do you see all of those present, maybe 8-9 times per year.

Chris

#62     Oct 22, 2016
    victorycountry likes this.
  3. Hooter

Hooter

My loss is automated, postion size is my only decision going in. Taking profit-a lot tougher. I am an active trader and move to break even pretty quickly. i often scale out of the trade. i would love to stay in a trade all day and exit market close-doesnt happen often enough. Take what the market gives me is best i can say

#63     Oct 22, 2016
  4. speedo

speedo

The only way you can be "emotionless" is with a lobotomy. You need to recognize your emotions as they arise and not let them control you.

#64     Oct 22, 2016
  5. lol i've been trading for 10 years i can tell you becoming emotionless is doable but takes time

#65     Oct 22, 2016
  6. You're human -- it's absurd to say, or claim, one can truly be emotionless (in trading).
    The best you can hope for is to semi-mitigate your emotions, :confused::cool: ...keep them in check as much as possible...kind of like a Buddhist Monk,

#66     Oct 22, 2016
  7. Lol becoming emotionless has nothing to do with being human - it's as simple as telling yourself to take a trade when you're emotions tell you not 2

#67     Oct 23, 2016
  8. birzos

birzos

If it's "I'm all ears" on the rational side then fine.

1. Don't reply because 95%+ of the forum posters sit on the right
    2. Never said it was the institutions propping up the markets
    3. Because you don't have a $multi-million analysis stream which shows the 3 pull lines
    4. Retail traders use 2% marginal gain trading on the right, use 20% pulls on the left

Due to 1. it means the trading style used on the left is not welcomed in the retail world including these forums, and almost all won't understand it because the institutions use it as one of their methods which requires knowledge and technology most don't possess.

The money flow originates from the populace, it's where you sit in the chain depends on how efficient you are at getting hold of it, those on the left generate more flow (red ellipses) with less effort than those on the right (black ellipse), who are more efficient than those in the middle.

You have 100 populace traders losing $100 to 10 right side traders who each generate $1,000, you then have 1 left trader who generates $10,000 from those 10. The most efficient is the one on the left. It's that simple.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    #68     Oct 24, 2016