Your suggestions about IB front end

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by al2010, Dec 6, 2010.

1. al2010

al2010

I've been trading for several months and decided to lower my transactions costs. That is why I've decided to move my account to Interactive Brokers. But I found their trading platfrom not quite good for placing orders. I’ve spent some time looking for another software, and liked the following platforms:
    1) 1st-Profit: visual order placement and intuitive interface
    2) QuoteTracker: free and supports many Brokers (JIC, if I decide to move my account to another Broker in the future)

Dear fellow traders, could you please just give me a clear and definite answer about why you are using a particular platform. Thanks for your help.

2. Roark

Roark

I use bracket trader. It's cheap, simple to use, and does pretty much everything I need.

3. al2010

al2010

Thanks Roark!
    Guys, any other suggestions?

4. Is quotetracker FREE again? It used to be free and then they started charging a monthly fee or you had to open a TD Ameritrade account.
    Did they go back to being completely free like the past?
    I have been using or trying to use IB's chart trading software and I am not too fond of it.

5. No it isn't free. Its adware.

6. Buttontrader is the only reason I would move to IB.

It's THAT good.

But I work with x-trader.

7. Ninja Trader is probably the best front end available right now. If you are a serious trader, I would strongly advise using it above anything else. You can benefit from native 64 bit automation and also some indicators built into.

Note there is a learning curve but NT does offer some free online courses. Maybe I will offer an advanced automation seminar for free if some are interested and can provide a free way for those interested to view it.

8. I don't know if it is free again but QuoteTracker isn't adware.

9. I use NinjaTrader for free charting and IB's booktrader for order entry. I love this combination (although I now have to use IBController to allow 1-click trading in booktrader). Sierrachart is also very good, that would be my second choice.

Everyone's going to have a different opinion based on their trading style and workflow preferences. Take mine for what it's worth (not much).

10. Second that. Buttontrader for DOM and Ninja for charting.

#10     Dec 13, 2010