Your strategy for Fri?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by a529612, May 10, 2007.

1. You need to re-think your strategy.

Everyday for the last 2 months there are at least 5 new threads with titles like...

"Another dip, another chance to make $$$"

"NASDAQ 8000 by 2014"

and my personal favorite, "Stock market never going down again".

Then again, most of those threads were started by the same small handful of guys who never hit a "short sell" key in their life.

#11     May 11, 2007
  2. The V-E-T is on his way....have your mommy let him in and tell her to give you some cookies, he's going to help you sleep when he gets there little one...this whole "thinking" thing is just too much for you, we're going to send you to a happier place! :D

#12     May 11, 2007
  3. Nope. My strategy is quite sound and has been the only way to make money in this market for the last 4 years.

The tech bubble was over 4 years ago, its not today. Unfortunately, the elitetraders are again just finding this out. When they finally do find this fact out, then there will be an end to the bull market.

You have to have enough intelligence to figure out that bull markets can last for as long as they want. If you gave up on the market in the 70s, then you missed out on the 80s and 90s. If you gave up on the market during the tech bust, then you missed out on the last great 4 years where you could have been made a millionaire.

#13     May 11, 2007
  4. You're missing the point that those who bought the dip(downdraft) during the downturns might not have made it back.

It's one thing to be bullish on opportunities, I always am, but to ALWAYS be bullish in the markets is just bad form. It's like opening a restaurant and not offering drinks...it's just non-sensical to realize that there will be times not to invest in the indexes or dip buy.

I can always find stocks that I'm bullish on...the OTC is a great venue for stocks that trade outside of the realm of the general markets...but if there's a recession or anything even close to it you'll see the DJIA take a tumble and you'll likely run out of money to buy the dip before the "dip" ends.

#14     May 11, 2007
  5. How were you feeling yesterday? Right now I believe that for the overall market to go down 2 days in a row hard you need to have the bears take over.
    What's the latest crisis? A few bad numbers. Did you feel yesterday it was the start of a bear market?

So what is everyone's strategy now that it IS up, when do you sell(it's Friday after all)

#15     May 11, 2007
  6. Buy the dips still works...

#16     May 11, 2007
  7. empee

empee

I called my long entry before the move.

In ya face haters

#17     May 11, 2007
  8. You did and I give you credit bro.

I am a total bear and have been making plenty of money buying stocks I'm bullish on and buying Leap Puts deep in the money...it's all about making money, not being bullish or bearish really.

Cheers, hope you made a thousand or two today to enjoy the weekend. :D

#18     May 11, 2007
  9. fridays strategy
    make money

#19     May 11, 2007
  10. 1400? You meant 1500 didn't you? :p

#20     May 11, 2007