Your stock picks for 2017

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by felixbocharov, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Freeport-McMoRan(FCX) is my guess, I bought it, a year ago, in the $4.20's, sold calls against it, losing it once in the $6's. In that year, oil has doubled, gold sucks, copper is well off its lows from $1.90lb to $2.50lb, and pared down debt by the billions. I think if they hit on earnings and commodities recover, then $23 is doable in honor of MJ.lol Will I be right or horribly wrong...stay tuned!!!

#21     Dec 30, 2016
  2. ET2017

ET2017

2017 could be a very volatile year as global markets seem to run out of steam. IMO, gold might perform well next year????

#22     Dec 30, 2016
  3. SteveM

SteveM

"09:32 AM EST, 12/30/2016 (MT Newswires) -- Tesla Motors (TSLA) was chosen as Baird Equity Research's Top Pick for 2017.

The equity research group expects Tesla Energy and Model 3 production will beat expectations. It said it believes battery sales are increasing and should get another boost from a battery-production ramp-up that will coincide with the launch of the Model 3, the all-electric sedan Tesla hopes to start selling late next year for about $35,000."

#23     Dec 30, 2016
  4. qxr1011

qxr1011

for those folks its irrelevant too, since they do not know how to invest....

#24     Dec 30, 2016
  5. lol, not all of them.

#25     Dec 30, 2016
  6. hajimow

hajimow

Everything is overvalued except GLD now. Check out ADI that I mentioned. Semi will drop at least 20% from here. A very obvious and good sector to short.

#26     Dec 30, 2016
  7. I believe IWM will drop roughly 40% in the coming year. I'm positioned for that possibility.

#27     Dec 30, 2016
  8. And AMZN re-tests $400.

#28     Dec 30, 2016
    eganon69 likes this.
  9. I'm long MX:
    1. The stock sells below the value of its fabs (look at SMIC's acquisition of LFoundry; TowerJazz's purchase of Maxim for precedent valuations).

2. Activists have stated MX is selling below thr value of its fabs

3. The market hates it because it underwent a financial restatement years ago. Nothing illegal imo, just stuffed their distributors to the brim and recorded that as revenue

4. Revenue from AMOLED biz is growing 23%+ next 5+ years, and with a little operating leverage, I believe the hit at least $40m in EBITDA, and potentially around $60m

5. AMOLED is in short supply with rising demand, that's why you see very aggressive acquisitions from players (mostly Chinese) pursuing hyper aggressive acquisitions.

#29     Dec 31, 2016
  10. my theory is....all the ones that got hit with the oil drop.....(EVERYBODY).....they have gotten rid of thier companies debt
    by setting up mortgage securities companies(my guess)..and now that the debts are off the books......they ramp up the price of thier
    company in order to increase thier company valuation/debt so they can borrow more FOR NEXT YEAR.....they will try and put on the
    foogazy(LOOK OUT AFTER MARCH)......the con will be........(start of next year)putting news out why gold(SHARIA LAW CHANGE)
    should go up(great for the day trader).....while everyone is concentrating on gold they will be moving into oil companies
    (buying)....and others (internet of things) and the semi conductor companies that supply them......NOW...we are back
    in 1990s(websites) THEY ONLY DIFFERENCE IS.....websites will become like cable tv......you will pay for a group subscription(a couple years away yet) and the bubble WONT burst.....ALSO..keep an eye on new building standards.(we are in an industrial evolution..my other theroy)..wcc(invest)...nvda..analyst said only worth 90...BITE ME(invest)...bb(invest)...fnv(daytrade)....tgx(daytrade)...slw(invest/daytrade)...appl intel goog ford.....and my dark horse dya.v.....my oil/pipeline/ng picks.....not sure yet.

#30     Dec 31, 2016