Your Screens

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by RainDrops, Aug 10, 2008.

1. RainDrops

RainDrops

As a new prop trader, I am getting used to my screen and keyboard layout.

For you veterans, I am wondering what indicators, indexes, stats, and charts you like to keep up on your screens. Which are must-see, which are overrated? I am still in the process of organizing my workspace. Thanks.

2. You must have the third fibonacchi bolinger dula to the fifth standard deviation...if you dont have that you cant trade

3. RainDrops

RainDrops

Man this forum is awesome for ppl who want to ask questions and then get lots of hilarious jokes back.

4. Some people daytrade off of 5 min charts, others 1 min charts. These are common frames of reference. Some people have a moving average just for reference. I have a 20 sma as just a guideline, I don't use it solely to make trades.

Every trader is different so its hard to give a concrete answer

5. [​IMG]

Not a very good image, but basically an order entry window within the quote window so you can watch trade by trade if need be. A message window to see what you've done. A position window to see open positions. And a montage monitor to see depth of book, New York Open Book etc.

I can put them all on my laptop, but much better with 2 screens. That's about all you really "need"....

Don

6. Tums

Tums

Search for Maestro in the hardware section. You will see some of his awesome screens.

7. CTT

CTT

On my screens I always have up quotes of varying stocks of interest, a filtering software to find stocks along with order entry/open orders/level 2.

My charts consist of:
    1 day, 1 min bars
    2 day, 5 min bars
    3 month, daily bars with 50 and 200 day moving average
    5 days 30 min bars
    1 day chart of the market always up.
    And a daily chart that I can set to have 2 stocks on to see how they are doing against each other.

With this set up I can very quickly get a good feel of what a stock has been doing in the short and long term.