Your results so far this year

Discussion in 'Trading' started by billyjoerob, Apr 2, 2010.

What are your results this year (since Jan 1)?

1. < -20%

9 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. < -10%

12 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. < 0

12 vote(s)
    10.3%
  4. > 0

24 vote(s)
    20.5%
  5. > 10%

28 vote(s)
    23.9%
  6. > 20%

20 vote(s)
    17.1%
  7. > 50%

3 vote(s)
    2.6%
  8. > 100%

9 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. Wait for the poll. This is on the honor system.

2. I should have included an option for complete and total blow-up. Oh well. I guess I figured nobody could blow up in this quiet market. I may have underestimated the ET crowd.

3. the1

the1

+6.4% so far.

4. +243% so far.

g

5. to a prop day trader this kind of % is meaningless, real traders who trade for a living will know what i mean

6. I've been through this argument with Lescor and his 400% annual returns and $110,000 account. Why these gods of trading are trading with such paltry accounts is a continuing mystery . . . I guess the definition of a real trader is that you never make enough to trade your own money.

7. It'll all make perfect sense... once you graduate from pikerville and reach lescor's level of play. Give it seven to ten years from now, and revisit this conversation then.

8. Attached is my net P/L starting this year with around 197K. So far, up +24%. However, I'm looking very forward to +24% equaling say $100K (versus $47K)..... Still, this will do just fine.

Jason

9. As far as I can tell, Lescor picks up nickels and dimes by picking off lazy orders. That's why he can't scale.

10. the1

the1

Exactly. When I first started trading I was trading a small account and did over 1000% my first year. It was more like gambling than trading. In fact, it was gambling. Now that I trade for a living my goal is to do 20% per year consistently and it's pretty damn hard. There's a big difference between trading 10k and 10M.

#10     Apr 2, 2010