Your ratio of technical vs fundamental analysis for your trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Golden Retriever Trading, Dec 23, 2016.

What is your ratio of technical vs fundamental analysis for your trading

1. Purely or almost purely driven by technicals

62.9%
  2. Mainly driven by technicals

14.3%
  3. Between 30/70 to 70/30

8.6%
  4. Mainly driven by fundamentals

8.6%
  5. Purely or almost purely driven by fundamentals

5.7%
  1. I did a brief search and couldn't find much, so I wanted to ask the question.

When you make your trade decisions, how much is the decision technical vs fundamental based?

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

There's other areas used like seasonal tendencies, intraday tendencies, events (ET has a new sponsor in this area for such).

I myself have used in the past seasonal and intraday tendencies with technicals (chart reading...no indicators).

Never really used "fundamentals" except macroeconomics with technicals.

victorycountry likes this.
  3. Neither of those answer options applies to me;
    I've said it before and I'll say it again...trading is part art, part science -- each new trading day is a unique ratio between the two o_O;)

4. That is interesting. I don't think I've ever heard that. I am curious to understand more. Can you give me some examples of a day that was driven by one or the other, and why it was.

5. Follow the DOW, SPY and/or SPX charts (same thing basically) daily. for a long while. -- and just observe it in premarket and day in relation to economic reports and how it moves and behaves.

And if you're smart and keen on your observations, you'll notice some things. o_Oo_O

murray t turtle likes this.
  6. 100% technical for me. Fundamental talk is only good for discussions at social gatherings.

7. %%
    Mainly tech, Gold Re;
    get enough rate hikes, tighten up stops. Like that. Wisdom is profitable to direct

8. BigTommy

BigTommy

100% technical analysis. I only trade with well-defined objective systems, no guess-work or subjectivity what-so-ever.

9. I wouldn't dismiss it that quickly. I've known a few hedge fund traders and fx traders at big banks who primarily trade off of fundamentals. Jim rogers also only looks at a couple of technicals.

Having said that whatever works for one will not work for another so doing what works for you is the best option.

10. Hello,

I just trade the charts, price and lines that I draw. No fundamentals at all for me because I trade day to day and not doing economic data release times.

#10     Dec 23, 2016
    victorycountry likes this.