Your Questions on the College Admission Scandal, Answered.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Banjo, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Sig

Sig

Again let's be crystal clear and stick to my very specific question. If a group allegedly has advantages over another group then that would lead to over representation over time, would it not? If they are in fact under represented over time, it would seem obvious that they clearly don't have advantages, or if they do those "advantages" are overwhelmed by some other factor. How could it be any other way? You seem very reluctant to face this question head on and keep diving into this Asian difficulty in admission tangent which has nothing to do with this very specific question, does it make you uncomfortable?

#11     Mar 15, 2019
  2. #12     Mar 15, 2019
    apdxyk likes this.
  3. Sig

Sig

#13     Mar 15, 2019
  4. So tolerant of diverse viewpoints.

#14     Mar 15, 2019
  5. Sig

Sig

That's an interesting defense of pretty much anything, isn't it now? So if I tell you I'd rather not be in a university that has students who advocate for sacrificing puppies, I'm intolerant by your standards? It's just a "diverse viewpoint" isn't it? If I tell you I'd rather not be at a university where students advocate that Jews are subhuman that makes me intolerant, just a "diverse viewpoint", "good people on both sides" and all that? Notice I didn't say that I am for suppressing anti-Semitic speech when protected by the first amendment, that's a very different thing than saying that I feel that speech provides no benefit and is detrimental and so therefore would prefer that it not be present at the same university I'm at or my kids are at and provide tuition that pays to support it. And I'm certainly free to make it clear that my alumni donations go toward a program I believe in, which pays the professors subject to that program (I am not a Harvard alumni, just to be clear). And you've certainly free to send your kids to school somewhere else and we'll all be happier for it, we seem to be in violent agreement on that given your first post, no?

If you and your kids want to cry about how they're being discriminated against by being white, you and they're certainly entitled to that. It's in no way intolerant for me to exercise my free speech and say we'd all be better off if they went to school in Grenada, but then you seem pretty intolerant of me saying that, don't you.

#15     Mar 15, 2019
  6. zdreg

zdreg

be careful. Sig sees racists and racism under every stone. he tried the same nonsense with me. I proved his assertion wrong with facts and figures God bless he then put me ignore.

#16     Mar 15, 2019
  7. My kids don't get discriminated against for being white, but I'm tired of the whining from permanent victims.

#17     Mar 15, 2019
    apdxyk likes this.
  8. apdxyk

apdxyk

The Sig to Opponent word-count ratio is staggering. And she wants her word to be the last one.

#18     Mar 15, 2019
  9. Sig

Sig

The anti-intellectual response when you don't have anything intelligent to say yourself, attack the length of the argument you've got no response to. Speaking of which, do I know you? Have we ever had a conversation or are you just jumping straight into the ad hominem attacks? Maybe you used to go under another name?

#19     Mar 15, 2019
  10. even if you are certain you wont caught, don't do it, it is not worth, it eat you inside. time is a b***, once you are done, time will catch up on ya. best long terms investment is always doing a right thing and a right way, going prison is seriously a negative return by any measure. even if you dont ever caught, risk always outweighs benefit in criminal enterprise. those 50 ppl taught us a nice case study proving this.

#20     Mar 15, 2019