Your post Fed meeting sentiment tomorrow

Discussion in 'Trading' started by a529612, Mar 20, 2007.

Your sentiment?

1. Rally

30 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. Sell the news

49 vote(s)
    51.0%
  3. Flat, non-event, sideway move

17 vote(s)
    17.7%
  1. dac8555

dac8555

once again...dunbass is using laging indicators as a reason why the market should keep going up.

the market has gone up the past several days and has already factorede in a "do nothing" statement from the fed.

many indices and ETFs are stitting at resistence.

I am short
    qqqq
    eem
    dia.

#41     Mar 21, 2007
  2. S2007S

S2007S

hahaha

3. No serious economic developments or bad news....

Are you serious, you probably think the housing collapse and the 1.4+ million foreclosures along with $1-$2 trillion worth of ARMS resetting is all a conspiracy theory.

Were you around back in 1999-2000 when the nasdaq dropped over 50%. Wait till we get the sell off that will take the dow years to get back to new highs.

#42     Mar 21, 2007
  3. Um QQQQ already broke out of the 43 resistance

If you want to continue shorting go ahead. Just don't disappear if the markets continue to go higher.

#43     Mar 21, 2007
  4. Wishfull thinking- the last resort for the short who should have covered last week.

#44     Mar 21, 2007
  5. S2007S

S2007S

They are sitting at resistance, Im watching Nasdaq 2423 which is the 100 DMA. Today is crucial, if the markets rally hard on very high volume the bulls could begin there same ways again.

I think though the markets are headed lower.

#45     Mar 21, 2007
  6. S2007S

S2007S

Hey im short and Im still here, I dont disappear on those triple digit rallies.... DO I???

:p

Ill be here this afternoon even if the dow rallies hard again.

Dow is up 177 points in the last 2 days, a bit overdone if you ask me.

#46     Mar 21, 2007
  7. blast19

blast19

S2000, I already asked him to provide any semblance of information about the housing market chugging along...he didn't. No point...he's a BULLshit artist.

#47     Mar 21, 2007
  8. I'm glad you finally posted something with some substance.

3 on your list is very broad and an all-encompassing assertion that is pretty meaningless. I would argue it's patently false. Housing, mortgage lending, inflation, slowing corporate earnings growth?

1 is not true, according to the fed's own benchmarks. In fact, it's troubling them - especially the PCE.

2 is true now, but the issue becomes to what level will they fall? What gives you reason they won't revert to historical norms?

4 is something you have absolutely no way of knowing, as neither do I. You assert these things as fact, rather than opinion, all the time.

8 was true the last time we had a major market correction in the U.S., in 2000. What relevance does it have?

As to number 9 on your list, there is wide ranging opinion on whether or not the market is now fairly valued based on historical P/E ratios. I don't pretend to know the true answer, but a statement that there are no signs of extended valuations," you get back to my point about what earnings will look like in Q4. If net revenues go lower, it will distort the current valuation, and equity prices should fall.

#48     Mar 21, 2007
  9. stock trd3r I could argue that 1-5 of you're wish list is completely the opposite of whay you are praying. We are at PEAK earnings right now. They will not increase from here. You seem to be the only person on the planet who doesn't get this. Christ I think eqt trdr has finally gotten it. Inflation may or may not be under control. The bullshit stats the gov't releases and uses are not worth the price of the paper they are printed on. Oil is going lower at the moment, but have you noticed you are actually paying MORE at the pump. Consumers have lost the ATM called refi's, pop goes that balloon. Terror is under control until they decide to do something, fron anywhere. Ok shoot me down big boy.

#49     Mar 21, 2007
  10. I recall having similar debates last year and I would state my case as to why the markets would go higher and they would be refuted as is expected on a forum with a lot of bears.

I stated my case and now all we have to do is wait and see what happens. Perhaps this subprime fallout will morph into something far worse..or maybe not. Even the 'experts' who are payed millions don't know. We should agree to dissagree.

#50     Mar 21, 2007