Your post Fed meeting sentiment tomorrow

Discussion in 'Trading' started by a529612, Mar 20, 2007.

Your sentiment?

1. Rally

30 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. Sell the news

49 vote(s)
    51.0%
  3. Flat, non-event, sideway move

17 vote(s)
    17.7%
  1. I'm sorry, but I have to "call" you out on this one.
    You have been BEARISH for the last 70 handles that the S&P has rallied, straight up!

You keep saying that there is "something wrong with the market" and that corrections aren't "over in 2 or 3 weeks" . . . if it's not a negative comment about "low-volume" it's something else that you point your finger at.

You keep repeating all of these "play by play" cliches as if to convince yourself that you are not missing out on a huge trading rally to make money off of.

Now this trading rally might end tomorrow as the SPX has come right into the final fib-retracement. That is quite possible. But in the meantime, you have stuck your "head in the sand" for the last 70 handles and rationalized yourself from participating in a huge money making opportunity.

Pathetic.

#141     Mar 21, 2007
  2. S2007S

S2007S

I play both long and short, I was mostly short on this rally, however I do hold long positions.

On February 27th I saw as much green as you probably did today on this latest attempt of rally that many say will take us to fresh highs.

Am I worried? No im not, this wasn't a rally that just appeared out of the blue, it was a rally based off of a misinterpretation of what bernanke's said. This rally may have some more upside but I will be ready for the next drop back down to 12,000.

#142     Mar 21, 2007
  3. Ugh. Never ceases to amaze me. Macroeconomic events and sentiments DON'T MATTER in the trading game. All that matters is identifying the setup, then pulling the trigger. You take a profit, or you get stopped out. Simple.

Too many a$$holes with their huge egos arguing over these asinine calls and predictions. Get your heads out of your asses. Only price action matters.

RoughTrader

#143     Mar 21, 2007
  4. LMAO !!

#144     Mar 21, 2007
  5. Indexes will rally 6% through the beginning of June, and then we'll have to look at earnings before anyone knows what will happen.

The fed wants easy credit and a cheap dollar to continue, and could care less about inflation.

If the markets correct, it will be because earnings begin to suck wind.

The federal reserve is a vestigial organ. It should literally be abolished.

#145     Mar 21, 2007
  6. S2007S

S2007S

I thought the fed was only there to control inflation.

#146     Mar 21, 2007
  7. Not really. It's a Keynesian body, designed to provide liquidity at times of economic weakness, and decrease liquidity when things get overheated.

But it obviously lost the copy of its mission statement, because it keeps thinking it is charged with propping up financial markets.

#147     Mar 21, 2007
  8. blast19

blast19

Exactly the type of thing someone should say to the Fed the day they catch them taking money on the backside from SBSH or Sachs.

#148     Mar 21, 2007
  9. MattF

MattF

Today I believe was probably one of the easier calls in recent history on the Fed decision...and the results...although things went higher up then I thought they would personally go, hindsight says that the bulls will take off every small chance they can get...

...and I managed to bank very nicely off of it :D

Next meeting could change if the news starts to worsen on what we are already hearing...who knows. Good call for things to play it by ear instead of knee-jerking around too much.

#149     Mar 21, 2007