Your personal market volatility projections for 2016

Discussion in 'Trading' started by babyjake1961, Apr 3, 2016.

What do you expect of market volatility for the remainder of 2016?

1. Market volatility will further shoot through the roof!

2. It will remain around the current levels

3. It will decrease

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. My take is market volatility will be increasing further due to a vast variety of factors: Berxit, further Fed rate hike delays, US presidential election, stock market peaking, the IMF allegedly plotting a credit event in Greece, and many more that I cannot yet foresee. It's funny how I can hardly predict the exact timing of major market shake-ups but can now be 100% certain not a single year of the upcoming ones will pass without them. What are your opinions on the matter?

2. what is lacking for the stockmarket is a catalyst. It's shown us at the current 200k jobs and 1% growth it can trade up to 18,000 on the dow. But then what? Why sell? You can still get 2% div on spy. So let the traders sell the rallies. It's the dips to buy that are a 2016 problem.

3. Was there always a clear catalyst for the previous major stock market crashes?

4. yes, I think they were pretty clear. Unemployment. Mortage foreclosure. It's hard to keep the economy and the stockmarket purring along when you don't have a job or a house.

5. Yes, but why was it that people suddenly found themselves unable to continue paying their mortgages or keep their jobs?

6. because they could never afford their mortgages in the first place?

7. Credit cycles from expansionary monetary policy.. Artificially suppressed interest rates. These play out in bust scenarios... The best is to admit to not being a good forecaster and manage your risk

8. How is that what we are not having right now?

9. So why would they take those mortgages?

10. Your question is incoherent

#10     Apr 3, 2016