Your input please - Amp - CL

Discussion in 'Trading' started by lstrade, Apr 13, 2011.

1. lstrade

lstrade

Hey folks,

I'm new to the forum and want to say hi to everyone. I'm coming from years of trading stocks/options with Schwab.

I'm moving to trade futures (starting with CL for now) and I've been researching the brokers out there (connection reliability, pricing, Customer Service). I'd appreciate if you could shed some light on the following:

I'll start small and hope to grow the same way I did with my Stock/options account - $2,500 initial investment

. I spoke with Amp first (I've been on a demo account with them for a while now - NT with Zen-fire) but it seems their $5.44 RT for CL a bit high compared to MB Trading or IB.
    Positive side: They are OK with such small account to start. Connection seems fast without issues (I’ve had many with Schwab), NT is included on the “package”.
    Negative side: The guy I spoke with there is just terrible (put me on hold many times during a 5 minute call), very rushed and confrontational regarding simple new account questions.

So, what's your take on them and for a small account do you recommend any other firm I should look into?

Thank you from a Futures Rookie