Your going to hate this brutal post

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Spectra, Feb 22, 2007.

1. <i>"I mostly trade for living expenses for entertainment / challenge / education."</i>

In particular, you questioned why anyone would day trade and disparaged it. Many of us experienced day traders will earn several times' more than most swing traders this year. We'll do that trading a few hours per day, more often than not.

No overnight worries, never waking up to any gap-against surprises = disasters. No stock research, no endless market studies, no fundamental analysis drivel. Just sit down, open the charts, print money or preserve capital, shut down charts.

Enjoy life with the remaining majority of hours free each week :>)

When perfected, day trading is the lowest stress, least effort style of trading there is. It is also the longest, hardest road to reach the end of... the biggest challenge any trader can face. A good day trader can swing trade or trend trade, too. The reverse is seldom true.

Keep up your excellent work... you are light years ahead of where I was in mid-20s. Not even the same universe, and no one is happier to hear of your success than me!

Most Sincerely :)

#41     Feb 24, 2007
  2. Intra-day trading lets you max out on leverage, build your capital and generate substantial income and/or create money for other investment opportunities/vehicles.

Good swing-trading the mini's has about 8 times the capital requirement for the trader, however (I find) you are able to hit winners more often, you can make 4x an average day-trade on the real winners.

Similar take on position trading.
    Yeah, I loved climbing the hill also, but after I did it, I realized it isn't necessarily the right path for everyone - not by a long shot! :D

Now I do most of my thinking late at night or during the weekends, but mon-fri, I just sit, trade and chat.

Simple

Good trading,

Jimmy Jam

#42     Feb 24, 2007
  3. I guess I'm just a lazy f**k. I trade YM. I make $100.00 per contract per day. Don't do anything special. Just keep adding contracts. I'm done trading by 11:30...flyfishing for tarpon by 12:15. Its really not rocket science.

#43     Feb 24, 2007
  4. Now that's my kinda life!

Nah, I love the challenges, but he (assuming the poster is male) most definitely has a good point.

Good trading,

JJ

#44     Feb 24, 2007
  5. <i>"I'm done trading by 11:30...flyfishing for tarpon by 12:15. Its really not rocket science."</i>

Friday I was done trading by 11:00am est, +$355 per contract average.

Went perch fishing on the ice, south end of Canandaigua Lake. Willing to trade a weekend here on the ice with heaters for walleyes / perch for a weekend of tarpon or redfish in the sun.

Does that sound like an even exchange?

#45     Feb 24, 2007
  6. No way trading has to be serious. I code up my systems using slot machine and pinball type audible alerts and ka-ching my way through the day. With reasonably leading indicators (tens of seconds) you don't even have to pay attention to make money, just wake up when the alarms ring. With this approach you can even work a real job and trade when you are not actively interacting with others. A great approach for a drunk, too.

#46     Feb 24, 2007
  7. Neet

Neet

lmfao

#47     Feb 24, 2007
  8. Sorry, pal...not even close. LOL. We've been having weather that is just amazingly, stupid awesome! I'm in FLA by the way. What's a "heater"? Don't mean to rub it in on the fishing...at least you have me beat on your daily profits. If I had to trade one for the other...still not sure I would take it. Stay warm!

#48     Feb 24, 2007
  9. blast19

blast19

You should move to vegas and recruit drunkard slot players...you can grow a mass trading army and you'll rake in billions.

#49     Feb 25, 2007
  10. lol. Speaking of vegas, im going there for the first time ever in a few weeks. What are some things to avoid?

Cajun

#50     Feb 27, 2007