Your first winning strategy

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Alfing, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Alfing

Alfing

What was it?

For me, it was finding supply and demand levels using Trade Like Pro by Lebin. His setups are rare but of quite high probability.

Tell us about what brought your account into green for the first time.

2. qxr1011

qxr1011

there is an old saying: if one has just one friend it is already a lot

imho same goes to the working trading method

SimpleMeLike, speedo and Alfing like this.
  3. SmallFry

SmallFry

Buy and hold

TheBigShort likes this.
  4. Never had one for a long time...

5. deaddog

deaddog

I followed Will Rodgers advise "Don't gamble; take all your savings and buy some good stock and hold it till it goes up, then sell it. If it don't go up, don't buy it."

Actually I changed it a bit to if it doesn't go up get rid of it.

Alfing likes this.
  6. Simple.

1. Buy low, sell high.

2. Buy high, sell higher.

No brainer!

7. qxr1011,

Are you saying that one trading method is efficient?

8. John9999

John9999

I guess it is not really a "new" strategy for me.. but trading off Break outs Long or Short, using 3 Moving averages for confirmation. The biggest winning move, was to go to multi day holds and use the daily/4 hr charts instead of 3,5,10 minute charts

Alfing likes this.
  9. expiated

expiated

For me it was finding the “sweet spot” moving average in each time frame and abiding by whatever moves it dictates.

Sweet Spot MAs.png

For example, the red moving averages on the above chart are too sensitive to less-than-significant fluctuations in price, often zigzagging in a helter-skelter fashion, signaling any number of false positives before price is genuinely ready to make a decisive move, whereas the blue moving averages are so lagging as to completely overlook a lot of nearly ideal trade setups again and again.

On the other hand, the black moving average is very much like Mama Bear’s chair, porridge, and bed—just right.

Alfing likes this.
  10. Alfing

Alfing

Going to larger timeframes is a big step ;-)

#10     Aug 16, 2018