Your favourite Risk/Money management Book ?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Michael88, May 16, 2008.

1. I don't have any affintity at all with Jones and I can't speak about his extra curricular activites beyond the book, since I have no experience with them. (And the last thing I can do is believe everything the trolls here post from their Google searches.)

I can say that his money management methods are sound and mathematically accurate if a trader has a winning percentage. It's that simple.

#31     May 27, 2008
  2. AHK aka allenhobbs (allen hobbs kellner) has lost flaming wars with many people.

http://www.mypivots.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1272&SearchTerms=barry

As you can tell, he and Ryan are on the same side. Vendors. Maybe allen took his guru course?

Reading the spam attack from ahk on mypivots will make it very clear that he is in fact the same guy as allenhobbs. Pretty easy to see. Hey, nothing inherently wrong with being a vendor, but you do have to realize and accept your place on the totem pole if you want to pursue it.

In any case, I think the linked thread speaks for itself.

#32     May 27, 2008
  3. Reaver, I'm afraid you have a case of mistaken identity. I have only read the book; in fact, I didn't have any idea Jones had a side business until reading this thread.

I have no affiliation with AHK Barry or Kellner or Trading Zoo. How many times do I have to state that before it sinks into your pointed little head? I think your detective work in cyberspace leaves much to be desired.

Now, can offer some hard proof otherwise or just rant and drool like the other trolls? Your act is really getting old and boring.

For a moment there, I thought you were turning over a new page in your life as the most ignored troll on ET and was going to REWARD you with another star (like the one I gave your for TradeMaven), but now I can see you have much work to do before you can earn respect from the ET community and get any more puppy treats.

Try harder. You were making progress albeit small. Don't slip all the way back to HobbitLand.

#33     May 27, 2008
  4. lolz, if so it wasn't very good ... pretty much like the guys trading.

#34     May 27, 2008
  5. It may speak for itself, like any other thing in print, but it doesn't prove a thing. It doesn't even qualify as circumstantial evidence.

Keep searching and good luck coming up with PROOF or EVIDENCE. When you do, start another thread, since and you and Mande managed, again, to highjack this one. That's what trolls do best as Magna, Joe and Baron will clearly attest.

Happy Hobbit Hopping.

:D

#35     May 27, 2008
  6. Apparently I am not the only one who thinks this. Even your journal friends seem to know you as ahk.

source: http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127825&perpage=6&pagenumber=2

But hey though I am sure it's just everyone else that is crazy. Couldn't be you.

In any case, let's stay on topic: Risk management books...know any?

To the OP:

Sorry for the troll attack from Allen. Just place him on ignore.

Trading Risk is a very good book in my opinion. Very in depth look at various aspects of risk/performance management.

Elder has good concepts, but I feel he is too restrictive. If you are already a millionaire or something, then sure, no worries. But if your goal is to build your capital to ACHIEVE a large sum of money, then more risk will generally have to be taken than 2%/trade 6% max for the month.

Good way to KEEP money, but not the best way of MAKING it. Ryan Jones is on the other end of the sanity scale. Totally maniacal disregard for capital preservation.

Try to find a happy medium. Check out Tharp. I am not his biggest fan, but he does have some decent ideas, depending on your views and goals.

#36     May 27, 2008
  7. THANKS Reaver.

#37     May 27, 2008
  8. No problem. Glad I could help.

The guy that wrote Trading Risk works/worked with Steve Cohen of SAC fame.

Post or PM with anything else I can help with.

#38     May 27, 2008
  9. Two stars and counting. I'm pulling for you. Just take it step by step like the other 12 step program you're in. Withdrawal from Troll Syndrome can be painful. Pm me if you need buddy encouragement.

#39     May 27, 2008
  10. G-Boa

G-Boa

what a fucking faggot!!

#40     May 27, 2008