Your Favorite President

Discussion in 'Politics' started by shortie, Aug 3, 2010.

Your Favorite President

1. Carter

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. Reagan

27 vote(s)
    42.2%
  3. Bush Senior

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. Clinton

6 vote(s)
    9.4%
  5. Bush Junior

6 vote(s)
    9.4%
  6. Obama

11 vote(s)
    17.2%
  7. All are assholes

11 vote(s)
    17.2%
  1. Larson

Larson Guest

Well. he did have some mighty small shoes to fill. Lucky for Obama he can hide behind such a dismal failure as Bush. I agree, Obama doesn't come close to Clinton.

#41     Aug 5, 2010
  2. after Obama inherited the second biggest financial mess of the century it hard to blame him for anything going forward. Nobody can really fix this sort of mess. it does not matter what he does or does not do.

#42     Aug 5, 2010
  3. Hello

Hello

The fact that 17% here have voted for Obama is downright scary, he is slowly but surely destroying the middle class to give away freebies to poor people, and 17% of people think he is their favourite president?!? I wonder what percent of those 17% are living off the tit of other tax payers.

I can understand democrats wanting to vote for a democrat, but Clinton was ten times the president Obama will ever be, Strong economy, no wars, economic prosperity, low unemployment, Strong market. Clinton was actually one of my favourites. I could care less if he told 1 lie to try to get away with nailing some intern, Obama has looked the american voter in the eye, and lied to them time after time, after time, and no one from the left seems to have any problem with it.

#43     Aug 5, 2010
  4. Carter 2 3.45%
    Reagan 24 41.38%
    Bush Senior 1 1.72%
    Clinton 5 8.62%
    Bush Junior 6 10.34%
    Obama 11 18.97%
    All are assholes 9 15.52%
    Total: 58 votes 100%

so nobody likes Carter maybe because he was too smart (or too skinny?).

everybody likes Reagan - fine. but nobody likes Bush senior who is a war hero, jumps with parachute and who wiped Reagan's as for 8 years. Why is that?

#44     Aug 5, 2010
  5. rew

rew

The last President who didn't suck was Eisenhower.

#45     Aug 6, 2010
  6. the majority on ET do not like Carter but the dude is still doing good:

Ex-US President Carter frees American from North Korea
    BBC News - ‎46 minutes ago‎
    Former US President Jimmy Carter has secured the release of an American citizen detained in North Korea. Aijalon Mahli Gomes, 31, was sentenced to eight years' hard labour in April, after being found guilty of illegally entering the country from China...

#46     Aug 26, 2010
  7. Does anyone else find it strange how these ex-presidents are the ones going to North Korea to free Americans who are detained there? Why do Clinton and Carter have so much clout with Kim?

#47     Aug 27, 2010
  8. i wonder why Bush Senior is not freeing Americans from Korea

#48     Aug 27, 2010
  9. Ricter

Ricter

First of all, they no longer have the power to steer US foreign policy, so foreign leaders can let their guard down a bit. Second, you catch more flies with honey.

#49     Aug 27, 2010
  10. So Kim is sitting there in NK with these detained Americans, who were detained (presumably) for doing something which NK considers illegal. Then along comes a former president and says "Come on Kim, just let the Americans go." and Kim agrees?

I'm not saying there's any type of conspiracy nonsense here or anything funny like that, I just find the whole situation rather strange.

#50     Aug 27, 2010