Your favorite Indie rock bands

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bungrider, Apr 19, 2004.

1. There is a lot of good music coming out. Wow, just three years ago I was complaining about the lack of good new rock. But yes you do have to search for it. I've never listened to Uncle Tupelo or Mercury Rev. I'll give them a try in the next two weeks.

The band which I couldn't think of earlier is Franz Ferdinand. I've been told that they're good.

"That style is never about the lyrics, but sound"

I strongly disagree with this statement.

#11     Apr 19, 2004
  2. Go ahead and disagree, I dont give fuck. But for most people, psychodelic music- which you can put your hated by my much loved Spirtulized in, has nothing to do with the lyrics. If I want lyrics, I'll listen to the Weakerthans or Belle and Sebastion or read Emily Dickenson. No one I know listens to the Flamin Lips for the lyrics. But go ahead a disagree.

#12     Apr 19, 2004

3. My goodness Milton, calm down. Obviously you don't care much about lyrics, I do. Spiritualized makes me want to vomit out my ears. Emily Dickenson's poetry isn't that good. Too much god and spiritual stuff. Though it makes sense that you like Dickenson.

You're probably correct about the Flaming Lips, people that require good lyrics aren't likely to enjoy Flaming Lips. Some of their stuff is okay. I have two of their albums. The only quasi spiritual shit I can stand, and truly enjoy, of the bands listed in this thread, is Neutral Milk Hotel.

Should I post my favorite poetry books for you?

When it comes to taste, I'm one of the best.

#13     Apr 19, 2004
  4. BSAM

BSAM

Oooooh my goodness, Pabst. I think I just lost all my respect for you!! ;-)

#14     Apr 19, 2004
  5. How are you BSAM?

Yeah, Pabst has terrible taste. Poor guy, though he seems happy.

#15     Apr 19, 2004
  6. You calm down. Your the idiot saying there isnt any good bands. Go put on your Aerosmith eight track and drive down to the Quicki Mart in your Trans Am, pick up some Cigs and get yourself out to that kegger party in the middle of the desert where you and the fifteen other guys standing around the fire can debate GNRs Use Your Illussion 1 vs Use Your Illusion 2.

#16     Apr 19, 2004

7. LOL, I remember days of life, similar to your suggested days. I remember little Chris on meth, and Bob Wassermans daughter and me stealing farm animals. I remember trashing: mansions, myself, those around me. I was as serious about "standing around" (s) as I'm now about books.

And, my goodness Milton, calm yourself.

#17     Apr 19, 2004
  8. BSAM

BSAM

I'm :cool: little bro. Actually, I wouldn't say Pabst has such poor taste. It's just that when I start thinking in terms of greatest of all times, in terms of music, I just can't lob Kiss into the same category as, say, the Beatles, Stones, Led Zeppelin, etc. New music, these days, just doesn't hack it IMO. There's a reason they call it "classic rock"!! (Not just cause it's old!!)

edit: Just reading my post.....Certainly don't mean to imply Kiss is "new music". Fact, I got their greatest hits in my vehicle right now!!!

#18     Apr 20, 2004
  9. Yeah I understand. Being cool isn't as cool as it was in the sixties and seventies. You must be of my dad's age. Everything has been done. Et cetera.

#19     Apr 20, 2004
  10. BSAM

BSAM

Course.....Just ask him!!

#20     Apr 20, 2004