Your favorite indicator

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by cashmoney69, Sep 3, 2006.

Whats your favorite indicator?

Poll closed Oct 5, 2006.
  1. MACD

11 vote(s)
    10.1%
  2. Moving Averages

24 vote(s)
    22.0%
  3. Volume

4 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. CCI/ RSI

24 vote(s)
    22.0%
  5. Stochastics

9 vote(s)
    8.3%
  6. other

37 vote(s)
    33.9%
  1. Yes, but more like every 10 trading days or due to a significant change in stat-vol. I continue running the last-gen as well.

#31     Sep 4, 2006
  2. Now WTF did he just say? How in the hell does one trade like that. Reminds me of the time FogHorn Leghorn had to babysit the genius young chicken. Foggy folded a paper airplane and showed the egghead. The little genius scribbled out a formula, then folded a supersonic spaceage airplane that shot foggy's pathetic plane down in flames.
    Ahh those were the days when they knew how to make a cartoon:)

#32     Sep 4, 2006
  3. LOL FogHorn LegHorn, one of my all time faves. The old maids kid(figure that one out) was the egghead.
    I always felt sorry for the dog though, always getting his ass busted with a 2x4.

Good stuff:D

#33     Sep 4, 2006
  4. billp

billp

Dan05,

With regards to your chart, what is the wavy line? Thanks.

I used to subscribe to esignal market profile (before they made their latest revision sometime in August/September). Not sure what's the latest revision is. Is the only difference being that we can plot the volume profile and market profile on the candlestick chart? Or is there some other new differences?

TIA

#34     Sep 4, 2006
  5. Qwerty

Qwerty

Price is my indicator, there is no better indicator than price & nothing is above price. All indicators are of no value to me, except price.

#35     Sep 4, 2006
  6. The problem with using a black box system, particularly when it has a great positive expectancy, is that when the algo's stop working you won't know what adjustments to make to fix them.

Oh, and they don't help a trader one bit with their learning curve and actually developing good, transferable trading skills and habits.

Pivots are a great tool for the beginner/intermediate level traders to work with to understand price action and how to take advantage of it ... and as far as the "big fish"/institutional traders, they actually have a completely different frame of refefrence than the retail crowd, so I really don't think "pivots" are a tool that's been thrown out there to fool folks ... seen'em work to often for that story.

But ultimately, as traders have stated previously, everything begins and ends with price action ... it's pretty much the best indicator of all, everything else is just a translator.

Best,

JJ

#36     Sep 4, 2006
  7. The best indicator is always.........P&L! :D

#37     Sep 4, 2006
  8. ceniman

ceniman

The higher timeframe trend is my best indicator.

#38     Sep 4, 2006
  9. dan05

dan05

Hi Billp,

The wavy line is actually the predicted path of the market, for that day.

The system draws every 15 minutes, what predicts for the rest of the day. If helps a lot on every new candel, as it is a second opinion, by a multidimentional system, of what to expect. I've tested it with CCI and it worked great when you did not have a clear signal from CCI. I'm now testing stop losses based on Market Profiling, as you can imagine the fitting of the predictor, is not perfect, so you have to give room to the market to move on top of the predicted path.

Have a nice trading day.

#39     Sep 5, 2006
  10. The moon - ie lunar calendar. It might not perform the best, but I like looking at it so it's my favourite cause it looks pretty. Then I add the Square of degrees and it just looks like it's gotta make money.

I don't use it for trading though!

#40     Sep 5, 2006