Your favorite indicator

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by cashmoney69, Sep 3, 2006.

Whats your favorite indicator?

Poll closed Oct 5, 2006.
  1. MACD

11 vote(s)
    10.1%
  2. Moving Averages

24 vote(s)
    22.0%
  3. Volume

4 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. CCI/ RSI

24 vote(s)
    22.0%
  5. Stochastics

9 vote(s)
    8.3%
  6. other

37 vote(s)
    33.9%
  1. I like MACD the most. I find its crossovers very reliable.

2. price and intermarket relationships

3. The MACD is a nice tool, but it has too much lag for my taste when trading.

If you're into using indicators (they are part of my decision-making process, but not the most important part) I'd recommend taking a look at this guys' work:

http://www.amazon.com/Cybernetic-An...=pd_bbs_1/102-2056771-2465769?ie=UTF8&s=books

John Ehlers is a genius when it comes to designining indiators which decipher a market's trending and cycling phases.

If you just get to know one or two of his tools, you can do pretty well. Having said that, they shouldn't be used alone, they should be used as part of a systematic approach to trading.

Best Regards,

JJ

4. StochRSI can be somewhat useful. Crossovers of the more exotic MAs. OlegVS' WPR indicator is fantastic. I would run all indicators through a net on a weekly basis.

Adam777 likes this.
  5. Risk,

where do I find the OlegVS' WPR indicator ? thanks

6. I haven't a clue. Someone sent it to me for metatrader4. Drop me a PM with your email and I will send it out later today.

7. For pure intraday traders, the daily pivot point is most valuable indicator by far... there is not even a close second to it.

Taking long trades into pullbacks with price action above the pivot OR short trades into lifts with price action below the pivot will keep intraday traders on the correct side of biggest price swings far more often than not.

Use the pivot as your 50-yard line, learn to persistently short below it and buy above it. That's where the easiest money is more often than not, and <i>more than not</i> is a profitable edge.

8. billp

billp

Riskarb,

1 question pls. Can the Olegvs WPR be used for stocks also? Can you also send me the Olegvs WPR. I've sent you a pm with my email address. Thks

Now, I have to learn Russian. LOL

9. You'll need it translated if using the text file. I have in MT4 format. I have the MT4 available to email, since it won't attach in a PM.

10. billp

billp

Thanks. Have sent you a pm with email address

#10     Sep 3, 2006