Your favorite book for Daytrading

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by drmiky, May 29, 2018.

1. volpri

volpri

Sounds good to me. Happy trading.

#41     Jun 3, 2018
  2. themickey

themickey

I'll respectfully disagree on this point.
    For intraday perhaps you make a point, for long term traders/investors, there is plenty of noise in intraday bars and even EOD bars.
    Often, well in actual fact nearly always, when I place a trade, it will go against me initially. To me in my methods the intraday argy bargy of price flailing around is noise. While this is all going on I'm at cafe sipping coffee not in the slightest bit concerned as to me its noise and it happens every day of my trading life.

#42     Jun 3, 2018
  3. volpri

volpri

When does it not become noise?

#43     Jun 3, 2018
  4. themickey

themickey

It becomes noise when the immediate price action (flailing around) is irrelevant to the purpose of which the trade was entered into.
    Noise is just that, irrelevant action which has no purpose to the end result, it's background argy bargy of price action, generally day traders playing around which at the end of the day has zero influence on where price action is determined to go.

#44     Jun 3, 2018
  5. volpri

volpri

The purpose of any trade has absolutely zero to do with the markets. It knows nothing of yours or anyone elses purposes..premises..proposals..hopes..dreams ..ambitions.

It is only irrelevant to you only because it doesn’t fit your comoslogical or worldview of the markets. But that does not make it noise. You may label it noise because it doesn’t fit into your aspiration for that moment in time. If ypu want to label it noise then that certainly is your perogative but I would suggest that EVERY SINGLE TICK MOVE happens beause of a valid reason and it is important information. Markets go down one tick at a time and they go up one tick at a time with the exception gaps, perhaps.

Nevertheless, the question I asked was when does price NOT become noise.

#45     Jun 4, 2018
  6. themickey

themickey

Sorry, misread. My bad.
    "When does it not become noise...?" When it becomes very quiet except for the cash register jingling away. :) There might be a low hum but that's the truck backing up to unload cash into the vault.

On a serious note, when price actually begins to trend would be my call.
    Were it to trend against me, that is not noise, if it trends with me, that is not noise.
    If price chops for a day or two, that is not noise.
    But minute by minute gyrations, for EOD traders, I would define as noise, akin to the vibrations of a tuning fork, going nowhere for brief periods of time.

#46     Jun 4, 2018