Your experiences with being auto-liquidated by IBKR's strict risk management

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by helpme_please, Jun 24, 2017.

1. d08

d08

I'm talking about portfolios where any kind of jump in the indexes won't cause significant losses. Leverage is almost irrelevant in very balanced portfolios.

#21     Jun 27, 2017
    SPYAlgoTrader and raf_bcn like this.
  2. sprstpd

sprstpd

Mark all your securities except the one you want liquidated first as "liquidate last"?

#22     Jun 27, 2017
  3. Low productivity.

#23     Jun 27, 2017
  4. Sfar

Sfar

Last two months, I facing liquidation issue in interactive broker. Is anybody suggest me how I can proceed on that or anybody facing the same issue

#24     Jan 10, 2019
  5. What exactly is your issue? What type of positions do you have and why are you facing liquidation?

#25     Jan 10, 2019
  6. IB auto-liquidation isn't a broker incompetence. It's a client position management problem. I've never once had an issue with this using IB for 10+ years

#26     Jan 10, 2019
  7. %%
    And anytime ,anyone ''has to sell or close out a position'', expect the worst fill of the day.:cool::cool: Works the same way when a bank forecloses on your real estate+ they sell it quick+ sue the borrower for deficiency; unless you contract forbids it.

#27     Jan 10, 2019
  8. Sfar

Sfar

Problems mostly in futures and options trading. My issue I usually buy spread of long and short legs of futures options. When the market moves in one direction, IB system automatically closes my one leg and keep other leg open. If I tried to close other leg, it did not allow me to close because margin violation problem. Both side, they blocked me eventually I lose huge money because 2 legs are closed in 2 different time.

#28     Jan 10, 2019
  9. Sfar

Sfar

Do you know how many complaints are filled in FINRA in the same issue. Believe me lots of people having the same issue.

#29     Jan 10, 2019
  10. Portfolio margin? On stocks? I experienced differently, it mostly works for me when using cash equity. I second your comments on derivatives, however.

Edit: just saw this thread is 1.5yrs old. Let the post stand as it still applies.

#30     Jan 10, 2019