Your Experience with Tradestation

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by riskcontrol, Aug 13, 2005.

1. Hi Spike,

Do you mean just Tradestattion charting or execution platform?
    And anybody has any comments about their autotrading feature in their latest upgrade TS8.1?

Thanks

#11     Aug 15, 2005
  2. Charting and programming

#12     Aug 15, 2005
  3. My issues with TS: (2 are the same as MacroEvent)

1) Day Trading Margins on Futs are way too high.

2) Platform fee, Too High but they fixed this, as of Sept u need 50 rt's to get it free, previously requirement was 500.

3) Occassional Matrix gliches, like the P&L showing is wrong "alot" on the scroll part of the matrix.

#13     Aug 15, 2005
  4. hawkeye

hawkeye

I have never seen anyone post any results for their strategies. I do see a lot of posts where traders spend a lot fo time optimizing and then complain how their systems do not meet their expectations. I have just recently started testing several real time systems for ES and ER2. It will take a while to see how they do.

#14     Aug 15, 2005

5. yes i knew it was not just me--------plus i have several other traders i know that have had the same problems i have encountered.

#15     Aug 15, 2005
  6. CyrusJ

CyrusJ

They make you run version 3 to trade CBOT pit futures.

"You have install a version 5 revs back. ":mad:

#16     Aug 15, 2005
  7. Notice from Tradestation:

"For those of you using the recently-released TradeStation 8.1, Build 2809, please be aware that the overnight and options buying power amounts displayed in your TradeManager and at the bottom of your screen may be inaccurate. Please call the trade desk at 800-871-3563 to verify your actual buying power before opening any new positions. If you do open positions or take other actions in your account that rely on the inaccurately-displayed buying power amounts, margin calls may be triggered in your account. You may receive no warning of this. Accordingly, any actions taken relying on the inaccurate buying power data are taken solely at your risk and we strongly urge you to take no such actions before verifying your actual buying power. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience, and hope to have this issue corrected within a few days. Thank you for your patience."

TS is notorious for releasing upgrades before they are thoroughly tested. I never upgrade until forced to do so. They often promise improvements but do not deliver and when they do, see above, sometimes create new and worse problems.

Another example was the early release of version 8.1 (it is the current version) was VERY SLOW, taking by some accounts nearly 30 minutes to load a set of charts compared to 8.0 taking under a minute. The above problem is in the latestversion of 8.1 that was supposed to eliminate the snail like speed of the earlier 8.1 release. It's faster but scary to use due to the margin call issue.

Caveat emptor!

DS

#17     Aug 15, 2005