Your Edge

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by ssrrkk, Feb 11, 2012.

1. ok, as long as you swing on Monday and I swing on Tuesday it will be just like the playground at the park. I was just agreeing with you, waking up everyday thinking everybody is out to get me would be a hard existence.

#31     Feb 12, 2012
  2. ssrrkk

ssrrkk

I do it as a game not a service :D Again, just my opinion, I could be wrong as I have been many times in the past!! Everyone has a calling and a world view. To each his own.

#32     Feb 12, 2012
  3. yeah, but it's nice to have a few speculators around when a long term investor needs to buy or sell. They already tried this in the wheat market back in the 1600's. When the farmers wanted to sell, the millers wouldn't buy. The millers would drive the price down at harvest time and then drive it back up after no farmer had any wheat left to sell. Two sided markets don't work too well unless you can corner it.

#33     Feb 12, 2012
  4. ssrrkk

ssrrkk

Well, when you put it that way it does sound like a function. I guess such problems occur when the millers have too much power (e.g., a monopoly). I guess in a non-ideal world, the speculators can step in and create a market that is locked up. Okay may be you guys win.

#34     Feb 12, 2012
  5. you aint the first that has questioned the validity and what does it really contribute the world? Some poor guy is working at McDonalds, and unless he really believes he is doing the world a service, hopefully , he is also questioning his calling.

#35     Feb 12, 2012
  6. We shall let the balances of our trading accounts reflect how functional we have been in the market........

No judgement, no competition, just getting paid for a service.

"Win or lose, everybody gets what they want out of the market. Some people seem to like losing, so they win by losing money in the market"..........

-quote from one of the greatest trend followers ever, who used stop market orders based on end of day data.

:eek:

#36     Feb 12, 2012
  7. jnbadger

jnbadger

Been there, done that, and it is exhausting. Being extremely competitive is definitely a good thing, but once you find something that works, you don't have to over analyze what every other trader on the planet is doing at that moment. It will drive you crazy. If, every time you put on a trade, you think there is someone at GS or BAC rubbing his hands together and saying "Woo Hoo! here comes another sucker!", you are screwed before you even begin.

#37     Feb 12, 2012