Your Broker Is Your Enemy?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by DRiSsT, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Vickersa

Vickersa

yeah, for instance, margin calls?

not an issue when you have $10K to work with--you can just go along for the ride, no biggie.

not so with $500.

ugh.

#51     Jul 17, 2008
  2. Use of inadequate leverage is the most frequent cause of death among the new traders.

Gabriele
    http://www.gabrielevivinetto.it

#52     Jul 19, 2008
  3. I skipped to the end of this thread without reading all of it, so I apologize if I repeated other posts.

Choose a broker that charges commission! Their job is then to get you the best fill possible. Firms that do not do this simply act as market makers taking the other side. This is how they make their money!

Hotspot comes to mind, but there are others.

#53     Jul 22, 2008
  4. da-net

da-net

Hey Joe Ross (fluttrader),

I read your original post through completely, and then went to your website (clicked link) from where you cut & pasted the page from your commercial website as your initial response to the thread. I personally do not agree with many of your comments, but chose not to turn the thread into a debate.

Joe, you do remember reading the rules of conduct for posting on ET...don't you? What part of rule 6 did you not understand? The moderators performed their job correctly. I would have thought someone with as much experience as you would understand the rules.

http://www.elitetrader.com/conduct_rules.cfm

violating the rules & screaming @ a moderator (all uppercase) for doing his job correctly imparts information about you that frankly does not show very well...now, you quote yourself for the second time and have not taken the time to understand what you did wrong…are these the messages that you want potential customers to see?

That you do not obey rules, you blame others for your inability, you have poor emotional control and you refuse to let something drop?

I do not know about others, but these are not characteristics in someone that I would want to learn trading from…how about you?

If you feel that I am wrong in my assessment, please let’s continue this by PM and not turn this thread into a debate.

#54     Jul 22, 2008
  5. Really, is flufftrader really Joe Ross! Wow, what little respect I had for Joe Ross is completely out of the window now!

This is just waaaayyyyyy too funny [​IMG]

#55     Jul 22, 2008
  6. Da-net,

Why you feel the need to defend our moderator ?

None of your points raised makes ANY sense.

First of all , I am not Joe Ross, this is the FIRST time after almost 600 posts that I bring up his website.(what about all those 1 & 2 time post wonders with commercial links ? )
    I start posting from UK morning hours to USA closing hours.(Guess JR doesn't sleep LOL)
    My very first link to JR and I am JR, makes sense LMAO

Secondly, elitetrader is FULL of links to commercial websites (I have posted plenty of links to commercial websites (none of them got deleted) like others have)

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122239
    So I am Russell Sands too ? LMAO

I am not screaming to any moderator unlike Cabletrader calling people morons..

Still no answer, moderator ?!

#56     Jul 22, 2008
  7. No surprise this advice comes from an experienced (2003) trader

#57     Jul 22, 2008
  8. Another experienced trader talking...

A REAL BROKER (most forex "brokers" take the other side > bucketshops ) doesn't take the other side of your trade but charges a commission as middleman

#58     Jul 22, 2008
  9. Are you talking about Interactive Brokers?

What, this Interactive Brokers, lol

[​IMG]

#59     Jul 22, 2008
  10. da-net

da-net

Thanks for the info. If you are not Joe Ross, then I made a terrible mistake in judgment from your signature (JR) added to a webpage of his that was cut & pasted and I owe him a huge apology which I make happily to Joe Ross on this thread and I have tried to apologize on the phone, but was told to send an email apology directly to him which has been done as of this posting.

To your first question, “Why you feel the need to defend our moderator ?” I am not defending the moderators I am attempting to show you why your post was deleted and hopefully help you become a better person.

As to “None of your points raised makes ANY sense”, let’s examine it shall we.

Point #1,,,,Did you cut & paste a webpage from a commercial site? Did that page have links to a commercial website? Does this violate rule 6 of ET’s conduct rules? Does this satisfy my first point that you do not follow rules?

Point #2… Have you taken responsibility for your actions? Have you attempted to shift blame for your actions and failure to abide by the rules that you accepted to become a member of the ET community? Is that the behavior of someone that relies upon their abilities?

Point #3… When you quoted yourself the first time, did you add to your post in all uppercase? Is that considered screaming in net etiquette? Is a person screaming in control of their emotions? Does this satisfy the requirements of “poor emotional control”?

Point #4 …While quoting yourself the second time have you demonstrated that you will not cease? How about the third time of pressing the issue, have you demonstrated that you will not cease? Does this demonstrate that you do not know when to quit?

Does any of this behavior exhibit what could be considered helpful to a trader? Does not obey rules. Lack of emotional control. Does not accept responsibility for inability. Does not know when to cut losses. If you were Joe Ross would this be helpful to you, your company or your image?

Now you tell us that you are not Joe Ross and have used information that belongs to him and his company. That you did not author the information and opinion you posted three times. Whether or not the info was used under the fair use doctrine or you had permission is for others to decide, like Joe Ross.

At no point in the 3 times of cut & paste of Joe Ross's webpage did you disclose that you are not the author so what have you said or posted in this thread that I or anyone else should believe?

edit: just recieved reply from Joe Ross and he confirmed that you are not he

#60     Jul 22, 2008