Your Broker Is Your Enemy?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by DRiSsT, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Common sense applies in the forex world. There's no such thing as a free lunch. I like IB for cash forex because 1) they don't take the other side of the transaction and 2) earn their money by commission rather than marking up/down the price. On a cross currency I frequently trade, IB's spread is 3 pips versus 10 pips at a European bank.

I also trade futures and they're fine if 1) you want to trade in the $ multiples (e.g. 100k) in which they are offered or 2) want to try and get hit between the market bid/ask spread.

#41     Jul 10, 2008
  2. This is the right approach: every taste has its own gourmet !

#42     Jul 12, 2008
  3. Cable, I respect you opinions, and consider valuable your suggestions.
    I prefer to be a little, unknown but *free* fish in an ocean, than a little fish that get caught every time by its friendly MM ;)

#43     Jul 12, 2008
  4. Perhaps, but the benefits of swimming in a little pond are there are fewer predators, you get to know where the fishermans nets are and you don't get fooled by tempting little juicy tidbits secretly disguising a mean looking hook :p

The big boys get quite boisterous at times and things can get a little rough, they usually gang-up and pick on the weakest......

#44     Jul 12, 2008
  5. I only try to follow someone of these big boys:never play against them !
    :cool:

#45     Jul 12, 2008

6. Well, that be some good advice, matey! I think yer post may may have been sunk earlier because of the external link to another forum. Aaaarrrrrggh...

#46     Jul 13, 2008

7. With the exception of the above quote the rest of your cut&paste was dross.

Have a nice day :D

#47     Jul 13, 2008
  8. Vickersa

Vickersa

Thanks millions for this honest appraisal of forex trading. I was beginning to feel like a total schmuck after investing $500 in FXsolutions and losing $200 in the first two days. Actually, I still feel like a little bit of a schmuck, but thank god this is here to reinforce that feeling of schmukkiness while it could still do me some good.

Anyway, here's some honesty from a novice. I realized if I was going to keep at this I now know that I HAVE to practice more with fake money and talk more to people who know what they're doing. Glad I found this thread.

#48     Jul 16, 2008
  9. Wow: I've got my little piece of paradise !
    I'm very happy that these discussions have saved at least one person to loose his savings :D

Gabriele
    http://www.gabrielevivinetto.it

#49     Jul 17, 2008
  10. DRiSsT

DRiSsT

Yes, indeed.
    1. Practice with a demo account first and get good at it!

2. Even though you learn how to double even triple your account you're still not ready.

3. Once you start trading with real money you earned its not going to be the same but you have to learn to control that.

4. Practice, Discipline, Patience!

"Now lets go make some pips!"

#50     Jul 17, 2008