Your brain, your mind, and death

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by lilduckling, Jul 24, 2008.

1. bespoke

bespoke

uhhhh, it's extremely easy. just lift offers and hit bids. even if there's no fees or comms you're still losing the spread.

#21     Jul 25, 2008
  2. OK. And do you mind sharing that "term" with us?

Thanks in advance.

#22     Jul 25, 2008
  3. yep, right on. You could do it in one day easy in the ES.

#23     Jul 25, 2008
  4. i shouldn't have allowed scalping in this scenario, because the point is about psychology not really the strategy.

Darn!! i wanted this to be a good post.

#24     Jul 25, 2008
  5. central park

central park Guest

It's called "wealth wounds". Its the same reason most can makes millions in demo accounts, and blow up with real money.

most traders have a serious conflict with money, they are wounded therefore self destruct.

the worst part is, none of you will admit it. trading atracts the very people who are the worst suited for it. its the nature of the market.

tally ho,

CP

http://www.pradeepaggarwal.com/part4_c.html

#25     Jul 25, 2008
  6. See attached.

#26     Jul 25, 2008
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

I bet I could lose the money in a week if need be.

Unless of course it was my EX-wife in the basement. Then I'd double the account in a couple of months.

:)

#27     Jul 25, 2008
  8. DAMN YOU JACK...... why do you always assume that whenever someone posts a subject such as this, that they are referring to themselves??

I know you think you can extract every ones under pinning’s just by reading their posts, but I assure, as a gentle duck that this is not my situation.

I merely brought this up because I thought it would make for a fun discussion in a psycho analytical way.

As I said before, I’m amazed how many people automatically respond that this person in the above scenario would loose money. My contention was that someone who has not yet mastered his trading emotions will most likely experience the opposite of what his desire is. Trading is very very easy to learn. You can teach some one to trade in 30 minutes. But becoming profitable requires discipline and skill that has to be learned, and implemented against the grain of every day thinking. To be able to go the next step, to alter your subconscious if you will, is something that requires more than skill, in my opinion it requires a certain talent. Talent can not be learned. Anyone can learn to be a craftsman, but not to be an artist.

You always take these type of posts in a cynical mindset. Why? Don’t you realized that is not being truly objective, and thus putting a limitation on yourself?

You should take a trip to Nepal one day and see the outlook the monks have on others. When you reach a certain state… you don’t need to look down to remind yourself how high you are.

You make fun of me as if I have no clue, In truth I know a lot more about you and others like you than you of me.

#28     Jul 25, 2008
  9. So anyway, what doesn't lilduck have that he needs?

What would he get that he doesn't have if he did what I suggested?

He is not going to do it and he is not going to get what he needs. Thats no problem it is just the way it turns out for most potential traders who do not make it.

To fill in a comprehensive log that reflects what the display I suggested (no price showing and using all the things susanaDT tried and failed at) takes one psychologically based ingredient.

Feel what it is like filling in four log pages a day by filling in row after row as 81 bars go by in 6 1/2 hours. Be a beginning trader doing this for five days.

Psychologically what you get is a psychological set of feelings that come from only one place. The set of feelings that come from doing a routine for 6 1/2 hours five days in a row using 5 minute non price bars. Call it non price action trading.

Taking price off the chart takes price out of the picture and all you fill in is the ime of the trade (to the second showing on the priceless T&S chart).

When you debrief you fill in the prices to see you pile of chips at the end of the day.

Filling in the rows of the log begins to give the airhead trader with a gun to his head a ROUTINE.

An airhead has no routine and he, on the other hand is learning failure and fear and anxiety ALL of the time until the gun goes off psychologically speaking.l are there some guys in ET who have shot themselves in the head.

What do they do after that?? Lilduck calls people names, especially when he doesn't get it like today elsewhere.

Trading involves learning to reach closure periodically. reaching close several times in a fice minute bar engenders the feeling of reaching closure and the feeling that you have done what is necessary to know what is going on at a particular time in the day.

Then you take that feeling with you and you begin again to get the job done to know what is going on.

Putting a gun to your head for 25k a year is silly BS. Instead, you do the log and use non price action trading to come to be able to process information completing a routine of doing one row of a log over and over for 6 1/2 hours a day.

Imagine doing this for a year and trading as many contracts as profits from the debriefing show you are permitted. Start with one contract.

what are the reqirements to do this?

Put the gun down.

Stop BS ing yourself that you do not need a comprehensive log.

Get a four color ball point pen.

Sit for a f*cking 6 and 1/2 hours a day for a week and do four pages a day of logs.

So it can't be done!!!!

Np problem... start more threads .... do silly shit for days on end.

Be an airhead with a gun to your head.

#29     Jul 25, 2008
  10. Cut your winners and let your losers run. If you put on 2 trades (or whatever number) Sell your winner asap, average down your loser. You should be out of cash forthwith.

"Can one program their mind to shut off the fear factor of possible failure." Piece of cake. Knowledge replaces fear. Understanding replaces fear. Ignorance has no fear (at least one time anyways). Confidence subdues fear.

I agree with Pabst, one is more inclined to sabotage success, they are not worthy, don't deserve it, success breeds stress and anxiety of continued success. What's the encore? Burn out.

#30     Jul 25, 2008