Your $1,000,000,000 choice

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by QdzResurrection, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Luto

Luto

John Paul Getty,

"If you can count your money they you are not a billionaire."

Think about it. Where would you put a billion?

Gee buy munis, say 100 million.
    Buy some Treasuries say 100 million
    Buy some Euro bonds say a million.
    Buy some Land Say a 100 million.

Okay you are 40% done....:) Not by the time you have done that, it has grown already. The person responsible for the 1 bil from Ted turner to the US said after 3 years they have found placement for 160 million in qualified charities. But the original amount has grown beyond that. Furthermore, he doubted that they would ever be able to place it all.

Truth is most people would not know what to do with a million let alone 1000 times that. Usually the thinking goes,

--I would blah blah blah
    -- I am bored with blah blah
    -- Now what.

You discover your real friends, what you really cherish in life, your morality, your values. For most people they discover how shallow people are who allow money to change who they are. Including themselves. The real challenge is to remain true to yourself.

What would I do? Be responsible with such an awesome amount of money. Go look up Patty Stonsiefer (sp) and ask for help. Perhaps travel around the world with native speakers I can trust and fund the orphanages with food, shelter and education. Build community. Support the nature conservancy.

Point is, if you could earn that much, you have your ducks in a row enough to know that with great wealth comes great responsibility. Personally, I would not want that much. 50 mill would be enough to manage and I could do all I could handle while still enjoying myself.

Cheers.

#11     Mar 31, 2004
  2. Cheese

Cheese

Receiving 1000 mil, nah, a nightmare.

Making it .. now thats the whole point of trading; now that would be something! Or a lesser sum of course.

#12     Mar 31, 2004
  3. first you need to show me the money and then i wil let you know
    "SHOW ME THE MONEY"

#13     Mar 31, 2004
  4. Cutten

Cutten

I'd continue trading.

#14     Apr 1, 2004
  5. I'd buy property, mostly bare land .because they're just not making anymore.

#15     Apr 1, 2004
  6. Saham

Saham

I would run an ad on the WWW, have it translated into all languages, make it a nice website, with related banner ads on the main pages of all big sites.

The ad would be to meet the ultimate girl in the world (read hottest, prettiest, best body, etc.) to have a *ahem* LTR with.

Yes, she'd know I have a billion dollars.

Saham

#16     Apr 2, 2004
  7. It would be a nightmare rather : how many people did I stealth indirectly through the market and how many debts to nation - since this fake bull market has been mostly financed by credits - did I contribute to achieve that ? Playing the Charityman like Soros wouldn't be a solution: a society that needs to live upon Charity is just more ill.

#17     Apr 2, 2004
  8. Saham

Saham

hey I am actually still able to POST on ET?? amazing! the admins must still be asleep.

how many replies do I get to post on this thread?

I'd buy and use a joystick to do trades with instead of my mouse.

I'd pick off pips by firing on them like playing Space Raiders.

//shrug// ... whadduyah want, guys, I been up all night trading forex.

Sam

#18     Apr 2, 2004
  9. jonnynav

jonnynav

I would have a large trading account and being able to play with the big boys would be gratifying for a real trader. You see, the money is not the important part of trading, but the ability to be right! The more capitial you have in your account, the better the opportunities to grow. Then we can utilize the returns to give to charity and needy in the world.

#19     Apr 2, 2004
  10. %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Yes;
    giving a certain %,
    tithing a certain %
    saving a certain %,
    trading a certain %

Agree with that;
    however trading with application of some of George Soros brillant pattern fragments concerning trends does help.

George Soros had a delightful interview with Maria-CNBC ;
    and Soros takes great delight in finding out he is wrong in trading.

Wonder if George Soros takes great delight in finding out anti -war peace at ANY cost is unwise & dangerous.

Peace.

Peace thru strength .

#20     Apr 5, 2004