Youngtrader's Commodity Options Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by youngtrader, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Well I believe on Thursday I sold 2 sep 175 calls for 1.20 Only around 25 days till exp on these calls and coffee is not going to break new highs with the huge brazil harvest, etc.

Still have my 12/14 1x2 in oct sugar options. This spread is working nicely......vol is coming down in oct futures and we continue to chop around 13.75-14 range. Essentially the thing driving sugar is oil, dollar, and corn. Oil is down today, dollar is up and corn is down........a perfect setup for sugar to trade lower today.

Actually did not end up selling that 98 put in aug cattle......I wanted to get it done at that level but the broker told me it never got filled. So I might try to get that put sold today with any luck. Also if we can get cattle to pop a little today I like selling 102 aug straddles.

Also looking at selling aug 120 orange juice straddles. That is of couse if oj can trade lower today around to the 120 level. USDA revised total oj production to the biggest oj crop since 03/04 crop which was right before the back to back huricannes. This market is in extremely high volatility but that looks to change with the fundamental and technical picture of this market.

Other than that.......I can't think of anything else guys.

Good Trading

#11     Jul 14, 2008
  2. By the way when those aug 175 coffee calls expired friday.....total profit was $1500 on that trade if anybody is curious

#12     Jul 14, 2008
  3. Thanks for posting & good luck!

#13     Aug 10, 2008