Youngtrader's Commodity Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by youngtrader, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Hey YT, yeah I saw that in the magazine and thought he might just be referring to you. I'm sure you'll make the list soon enough.

#541     Sep 8, 2008
  2. Thanks man! That means a lot!

Just a little tidbit of info here.....out of my bean shorts today for a nice gain. Those beans have just fallen too damn far and any sort of early frost scare will send them back up hard!!! So I am going to be very careful about shorting beans again until harvest gets underway.

Expected a pop in corn today and also knew that it would be an excellent shorting opportunity so I got a few more shorts in corn.

Also looking at selling oct/dec hogs here. Spread popped pretty good today but cash hogs were weak in the afternoon along with what I think is a seasonal top in the cash market. Goldman roll going on this week so I like selling this spread.

YT

#542     Sep 8, 2008
  3. Yeah right! Those guys have probably forgot more about trading than I will ever know! The 30 under 30 list is by far the greatest read all year! However its kinda bullshit when they put guys from banks and hedge funds on it. I would respect it a little more if it contained only independent guys and prop guys. Same goes for the top 100 traders.

YT

#543     Sep 8, 2008
  4. Agreed. If you're that good just work for yourself on your own terms.

#544     Sep 8, 2008
  5. hi everyone i just created a blog specifically about the grain markets (my main trade now) it will provide my thoughts, recommendations, etc just like this journal.

http://farmboyfutures.blogspot.com

Check it out if interested

YT

#545     Mar 29, 2009
  6. You're on my favs list bro(gan).

#546     Mar 29, 2009
  7. Wow it's amazing to look back on here and see how things have developed. I now am a member on the CBOT CME and MGEX and actively trade/make markets in the grain and livestock futures. I do this completely for myself and run a small prop group now.

I'd like to start posting on here again not so much to keep a journal on my trades but more so to help with answering any questions and helping out others that were once in my place.

YT

#547     May 29, 2012
  8. First off please make no mistake this is not about "tooting my own horn" I have no interest in that. I started this business like anyone else, a nobody, just someone who had an absolute adoration for the business and wanted to succeed in it in the worst way.

I started trading very young for myself in high school and graduated early to move to Chicago and start a career as a professional trader. I can't even explain how difficult it was to secure a trading job in Chicago with little to no connections and no secondary education to speak of however it did happen. I started at a very prestigious fixed income firm trading short term interest rates. I then moved on to the CBOT where I traded for a grain local upstairs with a 50/50 deal.

As my profitability/account sized increased I decided to make the decision to go fully on my own as a local at the CBOT on the floor. Unfortunately the floors were dead and the only action left was in the options pits so 99% of my trades still took place on the "screen".

#548     May 29, 2012
  9. I was never one for the city anyway so eventually moved back to my home state to trade electronically and started a small firm there. And that is where I am at today. The members in my group have seats on multiple exchanges and actively trade thousands of contracts daily in both the grain and livestock markets.

Feel free to ask any questions about the business as that is what i'd like to help contribute out of this whole deal

#549     May 29, 2012
  10. ammo

ammo

that' s great,way to go

#550     May 30, 2012