Young Trader need advice and mentor(if possible)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TurtleLearner, May 13, 2018.

1. Thanks for the advice , which materials can I use for learn Price Action (books or course or both ?)
    It's certainly a noob question so feel free to answer or not .

#51     May 16, 2018
  2. The only thing I can reciprocate for the moment is my time (my most precious value )

#52     May 16, 2018
  3. Even top turtle trader get help from someone else ,so why it's need to be a selfish education game ?

#53     May 16, 2018
  4. Xela

Xela

Books ...

Understanding Price Action (Bob Volman)

Naked Forex: High-Probability Techniques for Trading Without Indicators (Alex Nekritin & Walter Peters - worth reading even if you don't intend to trade forex)

Daytrading (Joe Ross) (this is an updated re-issue of an earlier book - "Trading by the Minute", I think it was called)

Trading The Ross Hook (Joe Ross) (I keep coming back to this one again and again, because it's simple and logical and helpful, and the whole concept is based on one of the soundest principles of price action trading, namely "buy the dips in an uptrend and sell the rallies in a downtrend")

Trading Price Action Trends - Technical Analysis of Price Charts Bar by Bar for the Serious Trader (Al Brooks)

Trading Price Action Trading Ranges - Technical Analysis of Price Charts Bar by Bar for the Serious Trader
    (Al Brooks)

Trading Price Action Reversals - Technical Analysis of Price Charts Bar by Bar for the Serious Trader
    (Al Brooks)

"Warning": Al Brooks' set of three textbooks is kind of badly written and very badly edited (especially considering who the publisher is), and pretty difficult to plough through, but their content's excellent and was super-helpful to me, so those are a kind of "mixed recommendation": I actually think his online video course is much, much better and more helpful and more approachable, but it's also more expensive (now $350, I think - but that's still very good value, in my opinion, for about 37 hours of instructional videos).

#54     May 16, 2018
    Lukas V, CSEtrader and padutrader like this.
  5. Thanks for all this information , it's my first time to hear about Joe Ross , the quote that you quoted are really trustful "choose a reliable source of information to learn"

#55     May 16, 2018
    Xela likes this.
  6. dozu888

dozu888

It is a noob question, but a lot of veterans may not be able to answer :)

Short answer is any market will do.

Long answer is you want something not pushed around by other markets... in this case the SP500 is probably the best to study.

#56     May 16, 2018
    padutrader likes this.
  7. padutrader

padutrader

risk management is a very important part of trade management.
    But i have always tried to learn see and understand what the market is doing-this takes decades to do but you should be alert and try understand the language of the market.
    it takes 10 years to become fluent in any language.
    stop placement is important but understanding the market is a part of risk management;

#57     May 16, 2018
    TurtleLearner and CSEtrader like this.
  8. volpri

volpri

My garden. Like trading. You gotta work to reap.

2E526203-DD18-4156-B61F-65BA8BFA7731.jpeg

370AE162-8A9C-41EC-B5BC-E6B8305EBC7C.jpeg

5260E550-0D99-48CA-993A-A1706C81559F.jpeg

942F7218-AAAC-4D93-AF2E-BB9164876FC1.jpeg

#58     May 16, 2018
    Sprout, vanzandt, speedo and 2 others like this.
  9. qxr1011

qxr1011

grow up !

#59     May 17, 2018
  10. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

Have you tried the CME Institute - it is absolutely free and very well structured. I wish I could found that in 2009 when we started https://institute.cmegroup.com/

#60     May 17, 2018