young Muslims

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cdbern, Jan 31, 2004.

1. I fully agree. I'm looking towards future and resent "root causes" of terrorism as I already stated. Our last actions sure go a long way towards creating new hate.:(

I've replied to this before so here it is again:

""""Israel being there? I got mixed fillings about it on it's location settlements, border disputes, UN resolution violations etc.... long list.

If we "like" Israelis so much, settle them here in Lower Manhattan Or better yet somewhere in our vacant expanses within the states. They can work here and contribute to our society instead of my tax dollars going to support them down there. But I digress

I don't know if Arabs teach hate or not. :confused:Propaganda surely is a factor on both sides. Religious beliefs have always been played into this. I do see your point.

We may not be teaching hate against them directly, but sure enough we have bombed the crap out of them, and our involvement the last century directly or indirectly has caused hundreds of thousands if not multimillions to die.

Well I strongly doubt that they have any loving feelings for us. I guess if Cuba was attached to Fla, it would have been annexed long time ago. Another story there"""""

Well... let's not take the thread too far off topic as the originator suggested. :)

#31     Feb 4, 2004
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Nolan, don't you think that is insensitive of you to tell the Jewish people that they should leave their holy land? I mean that is their land. What would moving them to Manhattan do? The Jewish people are not looking for a piece of real estate to call home, they want what is theirs.

And as far as why we continue to support Israel, look for 50 years, Israel has been the only democracy in the middle east. It's in our best interest to support that democracy and further spread democracy to the entire middle east. That is why it's so important for us to create a democracy in Iraq. Like I said before, either we will succeed in bringing peace to the middle east or nuclear holocaust is inevitable.

#32     Feb 4, 2004
  3. Turok

Turok

Mav:
    >The Jewish people are not looking for a piece of
    >real estate to call home, they want what is theirs.

And that is all the Palestinians want as well -- they want what is theirs.

Unfortunately, they both say it's theirs (and they both have valid historical claims to back themselves up) and round and round they go.

JB

#33     Feb 4, 2004
  4. cdbern

cdbern

Thanks Nolan, I appreciate your help here. :)

Okay, is it the general consensus of those bothering to read this thread that terrorism has escalated more because of elements OTHER than jobs and opportunity?

What if the govt. finally got their act together and jobs were more readily available in Iraq. Do you think things would improve. Somewhere in the back of my mind is the notion that although Saddam has been imprisoned, the Iraqi people aren't yet convinced the US will really improve their way of life.

Democracy is totally foreign to these people. Its never really been part of their culture. Those who have come here have learned how to live in our culture. What kind of infrastructure will it take for the concept to become embedded?

#34     Feb 4, 2004