You would think jesus would pay his bills. but i guess not.

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Free Thinker, Feb 3, 2011.

1. kut2k2

kut2k2

Because there's a huge difference between not knowing everything and not knowing anything at all. DUH!

#41     Feb 3, 2011
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

no, one cannot. not unless one professes to believe that one has mastered all the laws in the universe.

and it's zeus.

#42     Feb 3, 2011
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

again, how could you (or me) possibly be capable of knowing anything about what god wants or is?

#43     Feb 3, 2011
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

perhaps, but not in this context. you cannot say something does not exist, if there is a possibility that it exists in a place or manner in which you have no concept of.

duh back at you.

#44     Feb 3, 2011
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Should the multiverse hypothesis prove true, and their number is infinite, then it is certain that Santa Claus and Zeus exist.

#45     Feb 3, 2011
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

while i personally do have share the belief that santa exists, this example is precisely what i'm talking about.

#46     Feb 3, 2011
  7. ever read his book? besides believers point to all kinds of stories of god showing himself and doing amazing things 2000+ years ago before the age of video cameras. why do you suppose this god stopped showing himself now that we have ways of verifying his existence?

#47     Feb 3, 2011
  8. why. wouldnt they be just as imaginary in other universes?

#48     Feb 3, 2011
  9. Imagine Ricter & Free thinker were in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina.
    Ricter leaves New Orleans; Free Thinker decides to tough it out.
    Ricter is relieved because of the warnings.
    Free Thinker's wife gets crushed by a tree.
    Can we assume Free Thinker would blame a God who doesn't exist? [​IMG]

#49     Feb 3, 2011
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Reconsider "'infinite".

#50     Feb 3, 2011